Deer. Here.

chisueMarch 30, 2013

Early this afternoon our Westie spied a deer in the conservancy behind our house. We've seen very, very few deer in the last year, so were interested to watch as three more joined the first one. Eliot gave up trying to make an impression on them from his side of the low fence.

An hour late we were less thrilled to find the four eating the yews in our front yard, 20 feet from my kitchen window. We shooed them away.

Ten minutes ago there were FIVE in the front yard, eating the yews. The four felt safe enough to bring a young 'un along to the feast. Shoooooo!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glenda_al

Just came from my friend's home and cut a few sprigs of rosemary for a roast tomorrow.

She has rosemary planted all across the front of her yard in front of her shrubbery to keep the deer away.

Works for her.

I have two deer that come up on the side of my condo couple times of week. So enjoy seeing them.

Bookmark   March 30, 2013 at 5:50PM
LuAnn_in_PA

We really HATE deer and all their destructive ways.

Bookmark   March 30, 2013 at 5:53PM
marilyn_sue

We have a lot of deer and they do not cause us any damage. Alyssa has the same ones come to their home and she calls them reindeer :)

Sue

Bookmark   March 30, 2013 at 6:06PM
susanjf_gw

we have had some but, but on the busy street we live, 2 have been hit by cars...

Bookmark   March 30, 2013 at 8:34PM
dedtired

We have deer galore and they are so destructive. They also multiply like rabbits, so if you have five this year you'll have 15 next year. Our township holds a deer cull every year.This year they shot 100 deer and we are still overrun with them. I saw four of them trotting across my mom's backyard last weekend.

Bookmark   March 30, 2013 at 8:45PM
FlamingO in AR

I was watching a pregnant doe eating fawn lilies behind our house just this morning. They are welcome to anything I've got, it's been a long cold winter and we had a horrible acorn crop last fall, the poor things have to be starving. I'm sure they're glad spring is beginning here.

Bookmark   March 30, 2013 at 11:17PM
nicole__

We all have fenced in gardens and what's left the deer eat. No problem....except ....they roam in herds and have no car sense. They get hit all the time. They also harbor ticks, supplying them with a blood food source and in turn harbor lyme disease.

Oh....and they attract predators, we also have mountain lions.

Bookmark   March 31, 2013 at 8:59AM
More Discussions
Spring Swap.......... are you in?
I was thinking today, its about time for a spring swap....
JoAnn_Fla
New Story on my Blog
New Blog post today newpostbyseniorgal
seniorgal_gw
I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours Thurs Feb 26
A Bearded Seal I saw yesterday. Not common in these...
caseynfld
Thursday's Trivia Quiz
Happy Pistachio Day! The most common place where couples...
Jasdip
My 600 lb Life
I have been watching this program the past few weeks,...
enjoyingspring
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™