Football Season

epaoshaguyAugust 27, 2008

Shot my first football game the other day. Here are a few highlights....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindajewell

Very nice action shots! I like!!!

Bookmark   August 28, 2008 at 11:11AM
epaoshaguy

hey linda...thanks...first game..shot almost 300 pics (way to many) but got the chance to shoot in natural light..low light..and artifical light..learned some about how to adjust settings to still get a decent pic.
The guys in black are both my boys..#20 is a senior..rushed for almost 100 yards in three quarters...#3 is a sophmore...3 sacks, 2 pressures, and lead team in tackles.....yea, I'm a proud dad!!

Bookmark   August 29, 2008 at 3:51PM
june_nd

So what kind of camera do you have and what kind of zoom? They are great pictures. I take pics of my gradnson and the daylight is so much better but a little harder under lights.
I have a Cannon Xti with Cannon 70mm-300mm zoom. It takes nice pictures but it depends on the lighting in the field. It is all night game in Western MN. I use the shutter priority but have to cut it down quite a bit and really don't get the good clear pics that I want sometimes but...........it'll do. Some fields are better than others and I stay up in the stands when I take them.
Keep up the good work and take as many as you can. It is really fun!!!
I also have a daughter who barrel races and have gotten some great pics of her.

June

Bookmark   August 29, 2008 at 11:40PM
epaoshaguy

Hi june...I use a Nikon d40x with a 55-200 zoom...this game was a scrimmage set up for a local charity, just lucky it was an early game....next Tuesday our team will play in something called Hootens Kickoff Classic (a big deal for our little school)...also an early game...after that, I will be at the mercy of the lights.
Shooting from the sidelines is much better for pics, but I didn't get into the game like I would have from the stands..thats a hard trade off :-)
My daughter used to barrel race, gave that up to perform with the Rodeo of the Ozarks Rounders....a drill team that performs at local rodeos and promotes the Rodeo of the Ozarks..she really enjoys being a part of that orginization.
I have my camera with me most of the time...I have taken some really weird pics....like last night a frog was in the window of my shop eating bugs...so he got his picture made....I have several pics of this little bird, begging for attention, while sitting proudly atop a pile of horse apples...its a stupid subject, but a funny picture!! So I agree with you...it is really fun!!

Bookmark   August 31, 2008 at 12:57AM
june_nd

My daughter is 52 and still barrel races and grandson was play softball this summer.

Bookmark   August 31, 2008 at 7:43PM
More Discussions
kentuck_8b
Question about posting photos with Houzz
It's nice that we can post four pictures now from our...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
19 most expensive photographs ever sold
Here's a cool article listing (and showing) the top...
JamesScott86
Fire in the sky
no photoshop~
jeaninwa
here are some bird pictures
I have a Nikon 5100 and 2 zoom lens one I use for the...
Lorna1949
Sponsored Products
Rachael Ray Tools & Gadgets 3-tier Stacking Salt Box
Overstock.com
Gabbeh Hand-tufted Gold Rug (9'6 x 13')
Overstock.com
Green 'Elves Just Want to Have Fun' 18-Oz. Tumbler
$6.99 | zulily
Lima Stripe Green Outdoor Pillow
$99.00 | FRONTGATE
6" French Bronze Oakleaf Tube Birdfeeder
Fifthroom.com