Opinion please

lindajewellAugust 15, 2008

I lurk here a lot, usually hang out at GP but I love coming here to look at all your wonderful photos. I am not in your class of photography but I love taking pictures. These are two collages I put together from pictures I have taken of my dad.......some better than others but I work with what I have. Which do you think would be the best one to print out, frame and give as a gift to my mom and brother. Or do you think I should print both and give one to mom and one to brother?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kentuck_8b

I think both are very nice.

However, I like the second one since it has the large picture in the center, but I would make the large picture in the middle, the one close-up of his face instead of the large hands, and make the hands a smaller outside pic.

That's just my opinion, though and as I said, they are both nice, and I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Kt

Bookmark   August 15, 2008 at 9:49PM
zitro_joe

#2 catches my eye.

Bookmark   August 16, 2008 at 4:28AM
rcnaylor

I'd go with 2 too.

One other thought, try some of those shots in the black and white mode or sepia mode in your photo editor. They often impart more of the person's "character" somehow.

Bookmark   August 16, 2008 at 8:18AM
lindajewell

Thank you all for your comments. I actually ended up doing yet another one using some old black and white photos. Thank you rcnalyor, I got the idea from you. But I am still not sure, I just want this to be something special I can give to my brother and for my mom. Since they are both in a nursing home there are not many gifts I can give them.
I really would like everyone's opinion, but I do not want to impose on your forum.

Bookmark   August 16, 2008 at 9:34PM
zitro_joe

Linda,

You are not imposing, it is what this forum is for. Post all you want.

I think your family will like any of the collages you make. It's a gift from the heart!

Good day,

Z_joe

Bookmark   August 17, 2008 at 4:29AM
kentuck_8b

Ditto on what Z_Joe said. The thought is in your idea and the photos, not so much in how they are arranged.

Z_Joe, early morning bike ride?

Kt

Bookmark   August 17, 2008 at 5:34AM
More Discussions
Some of my garden photography
Hi!!!! I didn't know there was a photography forum...
Desirai
Miscanthus sinensis on display
I like this photo because it nicely displays my ornamental...
joyfulflowers
Help with old photos from a Kodak digital camera
I recently found several old floppy discs that I had...
don_na_na
A question
I guess this is a somewhat different subject but it...
gmom74
linear polarizing filter
Hi, I have a linear polarizing filter (make unknown)...
shakushinnen
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™