Peeing Only at Night

Ollies1MomApril 20, 2013

My 8 yr. old Papillion over the last several months has been peeing during the night and no longer waits until we wake up about 6am. This happens anywhere from 4 - 7 nights a week. He is fine during the day. We pick up his water between 6 - 7:30pm every night, and we take him out to pee around 9:30 every night. Doing this does not seem to help.
It has been easy to clean up every morning as we have linoleum floors, but we are going to be gone for 6 months and where we are going has carpet and I donâÂÂt want Ollie to ruin the carpets. He seems totally healthy in every other way.
IâÂÂm thinking heâÂÂs just lazy and I need to put diapers on him. Any other suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mazer415

Take him into the vet to see if there is a physical issues that needs to be addressed

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 9:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

I have a similar situation. I don't sleep well and so usually get up and take the dog out in the middle of the night, but not everyone would want to do that.

Doing an internet search I found the belly band. Might be worth a try. They are not too expensive. I haven't tried them but would be willing to do it if it becomes necessary.

http://www.bellybands.net/

Here is a link that might be useful: Belly Bands

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 9:39PM
More Discussions
Help me please!
Hello everyone I need some advice! I've had my beautiful...
azuresnow
Suddenly lost use of rear legs.
My 6 year old Golden suddenly lost use of his rear...
jgatty
Help with death on my dog
perianal fistula disease. Does anyone have experience...
ronminsouthga
swee' Pea got her angel wings yesterday
I lost my sweet dane girl to liver failure. It was...
Ninapearl
Adopted older stray dog now poops in the house...
Hi, I adopted a stray dog from mexico. She is very...
Lynn Souliere Neal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™