Howdy....

juanitalJuly 7, 2011

I come back to 'my roots' occasionally. This forum & garden web-flower(2002)is what turned the photography button on for me(bout 2005), besides the occasional snap with film, in swept digital, which made it affordable. How about you? when did you find Photography forum on THS and when has photography become a part of your everyday life?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alisande

Photography became a part of my everyday life at age 10, when my dad gave me my first camera and taught me about aperture and speed. He didn't give me a light meter, so I had to learn to assess conditions and gauge accordingly.

Considering how many photographs are posted on GardenWeb as a whole, I've always been surprised at how little activity the Photography Forum generates. Not an awful lot goes on here. In contrast, the DPReview forums are heavily populated and always in use. I've learned a lot from them.

Bookmark   July 9, 2011 at 9:17AM
rcnaylor

Yeah, 2005 for me too. I bought a Konica-Minolta Z3 to capture my son's senior year in high school. It didn't have a lot of megs but it had a wonderful lens and an image stabilization system that made for some great close up captures.

This forum has had a lot of activity in the past. Not quite sure why forum lulls come and go. Maybe "too many masters"? Those who are more in to photography go to places like DPReview, and those more in to gardening talk more gardening than photography?

Bookmark   July 11, 2011 at 10:28AM
joan_mn

Digital...in 2000. First camera was a Sony Mavica, I think it was about 1 MP or so. Anyhow, I fell in love! Found this forum shortly after. Don't get here often anymore, I am ashamed to say.

Bookmark   July 12, 2011 at 9:22AM
More Discussions
Some of my garden photography
Hi!!!! I didn't know there was a photography forum...
Desirai
The 73 most expensive photographs ever sold
Here's a cool article listing (and showing) The 73...
JamesScott86
11 things that drive most photographers crazy
As I'm sure you already know by now, there are some...
JamesScott86
A question
I guess this is a somewhat different subject but it...
gmom74
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™