Best Vacuum Cleaner for Litter (and best air filter too)

slc2053April 28, 2010

I have multiple cats and one general area where I keep litter boxes. Cats track litter, no matter what, and I typically just use a vacuum cleaner to sweep up litter from rubber mat and carpet remnants that I have down to catch the litter from the boxes. However, the sweepers get so clogged with litter dust..the filters are caked with it...anyone have a better solution for cleaning up litter.

Also, how do you control the dust other than using a good litter that is low on dust production? I'm also in the market for a good air filter..or one I can actually build into the wall to leave on all day (and have it out of the way) in the litter box area.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mazer415

Take the mats outside and clean empty them into the garbage, then sweep that way the biggest pieces go straight into the garbage not to the sweeper. As far as dust, you can buy dust free liter, as far as the filter - contact your local contractor, they can tell you what is available and how much it would cost to put it in. Good luck

Bookmark   April 28, 2010 at 2:36PM
annzgw

Check out the air filters listed below. I have the Hunter 30245 in my bird room and find it runs quieter than the lower end models.

Prices vary so do some research. I think I purchased mine at HD (or Lowes?) for less.

Here is a link that might be useful: Air filter

Bookmark   April 28, 2010 at 3:13PM
oregpsnow

I use a Bissell rechargeable sweeper for quick clean ups of litter and cat hair. The thing is not a deep cleaner, but it picks up litter and surface hair really well. Good for stopping the spread of litter into the rest of the house and for quick cleanups of spilled cereal, etc. in the kitchen. I have had mine for about 4 years and it still charges good and works fine. Easy to empty the dirt holder, too. Amazon has it, as well as Target and HD.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bissell Sweeper

Bookmark   April 28, 2010 at 6:19PM
More Discussions
Elsa/cystitis/vinegar
Last night I was frantically searching through messages...
ElsasMom
Cat,s ears causing misery
we adopted sweet kitty (8yrsold) just 6 wks ago. Took...
dancingirl_gw
cat with renal failure
My 17 yo cat has renal failure and has developed abdominal...
dlana
help with my pet
Hello, My name is Janet, owner of a 3 yr old male Blue...
janet1971
Help with death on my dog
perianal fistula disease. Does anyone have experience...
ronminsouthga
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™