Computer/camera hookup

bspoffordJuly 22, 2008

Hi, new here as I am usually over on the garden forum for African violets. Some of us do/want to do closeup photos of our plants. My question is this: is there some type of a cable hookup that can go from your digital camera to your computer so that what you see in the camera viewscreen is also seen at the same time on your computer monitor?

With the small size of the viewscreen, it's difficult to critique composition until after it's loaded into the pc.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Barbara

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
juanital

from my experience you usually have to have a program to import from...I have been inporting from Picasa...it lets you view your pics bigger and if you don't want to import you exclude it or not import at all...but you can see nicely-the photos if you want to import or exclude from downloading on to computer with the usb. and on my nikon it does not display on camera screen at the same time but on my p&s Olympus it does. Hope this helps.

Juanita

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 7:26AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mypedlcar

I am not aware of any non-professional camera that has this feature. It is a common feature in pro cameras in studios.

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 10:33PM
More Discussions
Mojave Deserts Forgotten
This is a picture i took of a Spanish style home in...
manakay_831
Some of my garden photography
Hi!!!! I didn't know there was a photography forum...
Desirai
Looking for rubber caps for tripod
We have a telescope that's on an old wooden tripod....
mrsgym
Lens isssues with cheaper digitals
Looked thru a couple of pages of forum topics for this...
robertz6
The 73 most expensive photographs ever sold
Here's a cool article listing (and showing) The 73...
JamesScott86
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™