What's for dinner Monday?

patti43March 4, 2013

I forgot Harry had an appointment to get his hearing aids fixed this afternoon. Thankfully, it was at the Ocala VA. Finally, I don't have to repeat myself 50 times in order for him to hear me. We had some other errands to run so got home late.

So dinner was either leftovers of whatever we wanted or Marie Callander pot pies. Marie won! Easy night for me, for which I'm more than grateful.

What's for dinner at your house?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Georgysmom

Easy night for me, too. I have Mexican train here tonight so didn't want to mess up the kitchen. I gave DH a choice of either spaghetti with meat sauce or Manhattan clam chowder. Both of which are frozen in zip lock bags and will give me enough for tomorrow night too. I don't want to mess up the kitchen tomorrow night either since we're leaving the next morning. DH opted for the clam chowder. I just have to stick it in the microwave.

Patti, your story reminded me of my friend. She never puts her hearing aids in their case and she lost them both! For several weeks she's been pretending that she is engrossed in a book and didn't hear what hubby had to say because she doesn't want him to know she lost them. She finally ordered another set and gave the doctor's office her cell phone # so they won't be calling her home and leaving a message that DH might hear. LOL The games we play to keep the peace!

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 5:32PM
YogaLady1948

Yoga tonight~~~so DH will call in our take out orders at our new fav italian restaurant and I will pic up;)

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 5:54PM
phyllis__mn

Digging in the freezer again....maybe stuffed peppers. There they were, just asking to be eaten. I was going to make potato soup, using O'Brian hashbrowns, but they are in the garage freezer, and it's snowing like crazy, and blowing, so don't think I'll
venture tha 20 feet to get them. So peppers it is, and potato soup probably tomorrow night!

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 5:58PM
patti43

Thank you, ladies! I'm feeling much better about those MC pot pies. :-)

Georgysmom, I can't tell you how many times Harry's lost one or the other of his. I've been able to find them so far, but I've been lucky. Those babies aren't cheap!!

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 6:17PM
gadgets

Mine was easy too. A leftover salmon patty, potato, and canned pork 'n beans.

A beautiful sunshiny day today, but cold. First the sun has been out since last Monday. But, alas, it's shortlived as another round of mixed precip, then snow is moving in tomorrow.

Shirley/Ohio

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 6:22PM
azzalea

We've been eating a lot of those easy dinners recently.

But tonight, I actually cooked. We had hamburgers (on English Muffins), crockpot mac and cheese, and homemade coleslaw.

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 6:30PM
jeaninwa

eh.....I threw some hotdogs in boiling water....had a rough day at work...where I cook...and didn't feel like cooking AGAIN when I got home.

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 7:05PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I picked up some beautiful tuna steaks so those will get grilled and I will steam some broccoli to go with it and I made some home made Pico de Gallo too.

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 7:13PM
stacey_mb

Patti, about having to repeat yourself to your hearing-impaired DH - the situation is reversed in our house. I have trouble hearing my DH because he always mumbles when he speaks ! Or at least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it LOL!

Dinner tonight was very easy. Leftover quiche from DDIL since they went to the U.S. on a short shopping trip. Also had stir-fried grape tomatoes and sugar snap peas.

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 7:19PM
pam_25f

We had short ribs cooked with carrots, mushrooms and onions along with mashed potatoes. Brownies for dessert. Happily for me, hubby made it all. I spent the day taking care of my mother, sister and their things. Niece's basketball team made it to the 1st level of state championships so we have a road trip tomorrow.

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 7:34PM
patti43

Whew, it must be the stage of the moon or something, since so many are eating "pre-cooked" meals. It's good to use what we have though.

Phyllis, according to tonight's news, looks like you'd better trudge through that snow and FAST to get those hashbrowns! I sure hope you don't get what they're predicting or you'll be shoveling until June!

Aw, Azzalea, you broke the spell!! Hope you have enough leftover for tomorrow ;-)

Stacey, I used to think it was my fault until he had his hearing test. By that time I was used to talking so loud you could hear me in the next county!!

Pam, good luck to your niece's BB team!

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 7:54PM
nicole__

It's snowing, we're in for the night.

Bratwurst on buns, rice with butter and cooked carrots.

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 8:23PM
clubm

Bagel with scallion cream cheese,tea and blueberries.

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 9:03PM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Roast chicken, brocc., and sweet potatoes.

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 9:59PM
susanjf_gw

dh 's bday so made baked p's and chip beef in a sauce, veggie and pineapple upside down...his fave!

Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 10:50PM
More Discussions
Snakes!
It is that time here. There are snakes everywhere....
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
caseynfld
Site of the Day Apr 1
April Fool's Day on the web - the most complete listing...
caseynfld
5 word game
Start with a word and from that word create 5 new words...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Am I the only one?
Am I the only one who isn't able to see *any* snow-free...
party_music50
Sponsored Products
Miniature Chair W1 by Vitra
$225.00 | Lumens
Homecrest Grace Cushion Aluminum Cuddle Chair
LuxeDecor
Blue Star Group Patio Umbrellas Off-The-Wall Brella 9 ft. Green Olefin
Home Depot
nuLOOM Varanas Charcoal 2' 6 x 8' Rectangular Runner Rug
$120.00 | LuxeDecor
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Concord Global Trading Rugs Ankara Floral
Home Depot