Using an Antique White Trim Color- What color Paint the Ceiling

gamecock43March 10, 2011

Hi Guys,

I choose a Behr "Creamy White" color for all the trim throughout the house. It looks like the color of milk. But do I paint whe ceilings "Ceiling White" or "Creamy White"?

Will it look weird if the crown molding and molding around the trim is antique-y white and the ceiling is a brighter, colder white? Or will that really show off the crown molding?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Carol_from_ny

Why does the ceiling have to be white? Why not go with a color. It is one of the largest walls in every room.
Even the Victorians didn't do white ceilings. They papered or painted their ceilings in a variety of designs. It's only been since the end of WWII that white ceilings came into favor, no doubt as a short cut for builders.

Bookmark   March 10, 2011 at 12:27PM
gamecock43

I have a soft blue for my dining room ceiling, but I'm not going to do it for every room. First I am having a hard enough time picking paint for the walls of a 2500 sq ft home. The home is very open so I want the colors to blend. Adding in different ceiling colors on top of the various walls would be way more work than I'm prepared for at this point.
Second I think the blue ceiling in the dining room will be a "pop" of interest. It will really make an impression. If every ceiling was painted it would get old and overwhelming rather than fresh and interesting.

So White ceiling or antique White ceiling?

Bookmark   March 10, 2011 at 1:09PM
lukkiirish

carol is right, why go with white, paint the ceilings in color!

Bookmark   March 10, 2011 at 1:09PM
mom2girls_2008

We used BM Simply White on all our trim and moldings and used Behr Swiss Coffee on the ceilings.. it makes the white trim really pop.. we're happy.. hope this helps!

Bookmark   March 10, 2011 at 1:11PM
More Discussions
When do bronze window frames work well in the interior of a home?
I'm replacing single plane aluminum windows. My interior...
texasgal47
Need Help Decorating My Bedroom
Hi there, I'm excited to be here! This is my very first...
jenniferdavis1221
Wet Bars - Are they 'out'?
We are considering installing a wet bar during our...
snaupal
Kitchen window help, please
The kitchen puzzle pieces are falling into place! I...
springroz
Is this still in style?
Is blue and brown still in style? I really like this...
FinallyHome
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™