Not a great pic

rcnaylorJuly 2, 2011

it was zoomed in with a little pocket camera while I was out biking this morning, but, I like the scene, it kinda screams bucolic From Addisyn and haybaling

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kentuck_8b

Nice pic, but you mean to tell me that y'all actually made hay in your area this year?!?!

Absolutely NO hay has been made here this year so far. Cattle are still grazing hay pastures here with this ongoing drought. I've never seen this happen before.

I may need to buy some of that hay if it is for sale. We've had only 11.7" of rain since last September 9th and the normal here is 40+ inches.

Nice pic but you're making me jealous!

Kt

Bookmark   July 2, 2011 at 10:47PM
rcnaylor

Well, you know the old saying Kt, someone always has it worse.

That hay came from conservation reserve acreage that we don't usually get to cut. So, its been growing for years.

And, in that comparison dept, from Nov 12 to last week, we had received .9 tenths of an inch. Driest Jan to June on record here. Four times drier than the previous least dry year.

So, yep, I can definitely sympathize with all those who are on the dry side!

But, in the last week we have received two showers totaling about .7 to .8 tenths. Its a start, and hopefully gets things rolling for a while!

Bookmark   July 3, 2011 at 11:08PM
rcnaylor

And, a little more rain last night. .3" but, better by far than what we have been getting. Made for a great cool bike ride this morning, so I stopped and took a few pics:

Bookmark   July 4, 2011 at 12:00PM
oldcrafty

Great pics. Love the purple flowers and I have a feeling you might come back and say they are actually weeds. But that's OK.....they are still pretty. My part of TX is still hot and dry....send some rain!

Bookmark   July 6, 2011 at 12:56PM
rcnaylor

Thanks, and right you are. Those flowers are weeds that managed to a) live, and b) flower on .9 of an inch of rain from Jan 1 to June 25. Driest on record here by a mile.

Tough hombres!

Bookmark   July 6, 2011 at 7:39PM
More Discussions
error message 01 on Canon T4i
We have three of these cameras. 2 are getting the error...
JeanInWa
linear polarizing filter
Hi, I have a linear polarizing filter (make unknown)...
shakushinnen
Fire in the sky
no photoshop~
JeanInWa
11 things that drive most photographers crazy
As I'm sure you already know by now, there are some...
JamesScott86
Re-introducing myself
Hi my name is Juanita- I got into photography through...
juanital
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™