Choosing granite and backsplash with Honey oak cabinets

luvpatch2February 21, 2011

Hi! I am going to replace my kitchen counters with granite and would love some suggestions in coordinating colors and also doing a backsplash to go with it. I have honey oak kraftmaid cabinets. My walls are a buttery yellow. Currently the floor is a whitish ceramic with shades of white and a little blue/gray. I will probably replace the floors later in the year. The kitchen has a country french with some tuscany look pieces. I have a large picture on the wall that is a "french" look cafe and two canvas pics with bottles of wine. I have a great garden window behind the sink. I have trouble with coordinating colors and would love some suggestions! Thanks so much for any help you can give!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joyjoyjoy

Can you post a pic?

Bookmark   February 22, 2011 at 12:38AM
lkremodel

We have light oak cabinets in shaker style with brushed nickel hardware. We chose uba tuba granite counters which look black from a distance and up close you see flecks of gold, aqua, light grey. The color contrast looks very nice. This look could fit a variety of kitchen styles. No regrets with choosing either light oak cabinets or this granite.

Bookmark   February 22, 2011 at 9:49AM
chocolatebunny

I don't have a photo, but my neighbor recently put granite in her kitchen with oak cabinets. She chose tan brown granite and did a travertine subway backsplash. I don't remember what color her walls are but she does have oak hardwood floors. She chose wroght iron knobs and pulls and stainless appliances. It looks very nice.

Bookmark   February 22, 2011 at 10:53AM
More Discussions
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
Silgranit sink color for Alaska White granite?
In the ever-changing world that is my new build, I...
beeps
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
hardware length vs. drawer width..
All, We've figured out which pulls we want for our...
yoda888
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™