Help! Cannot Find My Recipe For Dinner Rolls

amck2November 18, 2012

I found the recipe here and thought I'd saved it to my Clippings, but no...I tried Search to no avail, in large part because I can't remember the precise name. I think it's Heavenly Rolls, or Angel Rolls. I tried them for the first time Thanksgiving 2 yrs. ago, and I only make them on Thanksgiving.

I would be so grateful if someone knows the ones I'm looking for and can steer me to the recipe. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tami_ohio

Here you go!

angelaid (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 10, 10 at 12:48
Heavenly Dinner Rolls
1 cup milk
1/2 cup softened butter
2 eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups bread flour
2 1/2 teaspoons yeast (bread machine yeast)
Mix room temperature milk - soft butter and 2 eggs in one bowl until blended. Pour this mixture into bread machine. Then mix sugar - salt and bread flour in another bowl. Pour the dry mixture into bread machine.
Now add the yeast to top of flour and just take fork to drag yeast into the flour. Do not get yeast wet at this point. Set machine to dough cycle and let it go.
Remove the dough from the machine when cycle is complete. Knead gently on a
lightly floured surface. Divide and shape into 24 smooth round rolls.
Place the rolls about 3/4 inch apart on a greased sheet pan. Cover the dough with a cloth and allow it to double in a warm place. I use my oven with just the oven light on - works perfectly.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 15 - 18 minutes. Brush with butter or a mixture of butter and honey while still warm from the oven.
I have made these with all purpose flour but I find the bread flour works best. I think I will make 30 rolls or so from this mixture as the rolls are large with 24. My family likes the bigger rolls tho.
They freeze very well as they do make a lot.

Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 7:35PM
amck2

tami_ohio, thanks so much for your quick response. I wasn't going to make these this year, in an effort to simplify. No one had ever baked rolls from scratch until I did 2 yrs. ago and I thought it wouldn't be a problem going back to heat'n serve. But I got so many disappointed reactions to this that I've decided they're worth the effort.

I have made sure the recipe is now in My Clippings!

Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 7:51PM
lindac

This is a recipe I got from this site also called angel rolls or biscuits.....Always a huge hit at my house.
Buttermilk Refrigerator Angel Rolls
1 Package dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup melted butter
4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon soda
2 cups buttermilk
Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl. Let sit 5 minutes. Stir in butter
Combine dry ingredients; add to yeast mixture along with buttermilk.
Stir well. Turn dough out on a floured surface, knead gently a few times and shape into a ball. Place in greased bowl, cover, and refrigerate until needed. Keeps for one week.
Break off a soft ball sized lump of dough and roll into a circle about 1/4" thick. Cut into pie shaped wedges and roll up from the wider edge into crescent shapes. You do not have to let them rise again.
Bake on greased baking sheet at 400 for 8-10 minutes

Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 8:54PM
tami_ohio

Glad I could help. As for my response being quick, it just happened that I checked in and had the recipe at that time!

Tami

Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 9:11PM
More Discussions
I'm a corned beef virgin
I was at Sam's club today and they had nice looking...
Holly- Kay
How to fix rock hard espresso powder? :p
I am VERY careful about trying to keep powders dry...
party_music50
I scrub my potatoes clean. Do you?
My SIL was her visiting over the holidays, sharing...
momto4kids
Please clarify this butter question......
Help! my brain isn't working on this one & I need...
amck2
Glow in the dark Mushrooms No longer a secret to scientists
If you see something glowing in the forest, don’t...
hellenabcd
Sponsored Products
Roberto Lombardi 'Red Poppy Panorama' Canvas Art
Overstock.com
Step Stool Single - Loll Designs
$138.00 | HORNE
Meadow Chevron Serving Tray
$13.99 | zulily
Urbanite Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Albert Sectional Chaise
Design Within Reach
Trapeze Rug 7'6" x 9'6" - SHELL
$1,329.00 | Horchow
R Series Galvanized 10-Inch Emblem Outdoor Wall Mount with Goose Neck and Wire G
$115.70 | Bellacor
Pagoda blue/ochre placemats (set of 4)
Origin Crafts
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™