my cat is in danger

polymniaMarch 7, 2013

Hello I'm writing to you from Greece, my cat (she is 8 months old) has not eaten in 3 days, it's hard for her to even swallow water, she gags her eyes are blurry, she was drooling a little bit yesterday and her head was shacking like she had spasms! my vet is out of town and I tried to call the other 2 vets we have on the island but it was Wednesday (half day in Greece) and I couldn't reach them, today was a national holiday and again I could not reach them! She only drinks a little bit of water but I noticed that now she is starting to strech her neck forward like she is having trouble breathing, help please!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sylviatexas1

You can try mixing Karo syrup (a sweet, thickened corn syrup) with a little water & give it to her in a medicine dropper.

If it's distemper, I don't know if it'll help, but Karo sometimes helps with seizures, so it's worth a try.

I am so sorry, & I'm sending good thoughts to your dear kitty & to you.

Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 8:23PM
mountain_lady

sounds like Distemper. thoughts would be , give her as much water as she will allow you to give her. get ahold of your vet asap.

Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 8:39PM
sylviatexas1

It might also be an upper respiratory infection, which may respond to Clavamox, a type of penicillin that you can administer orally.

Feed stores or farm supply stores may carry it.

Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 9:26PM
Country Sunflower

I had a cat that had swallowed a dime.. and acted much like you describe...It got stuck in his throat and he couldn't swallow either.. I would say a vet is definitely needed..
Are there no emergency numbers you can call?? I pray you find help soon..

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 11:37AM
More Discussions
Renal Failure In Dogs -
Hi, I took my rescued Cocker Spaniel to the vet last...
lucymarie
Can we say G A S
And it's not me, dh or my two old dogs. It's the new...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
Help with death on my dog
perianal fistula disease. Does anyone have experience...
ronminsouthga
cats - non regenerative anemia
My 10 month old cat was diagnosed on Friday with severe...
miw-bast
cat with renal failure
My 17 yo cat has renal failure and has developed abdominal...
dlana
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™