Is this a good deal? Bluestar range

kam76February 18, 2013

I saw this one on ebay (we will be on propane). Just wondering if this is a good deal. I have not had the time to go to a dealer yet but wanted to get an idea on pricing. It says $6500 value but you can never trust those things.

36" RNB for $4242 +$99 shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BlueStar-RNB366BV1LP-36-Freestanding-Liquid-Propane-Range-6500-value-/330873453651?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0amp;hash=item4d09983c53

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilymila

As far as I know, I think the manufacturer controls the price for these highend brands. I don't think you will get very different quotes from different places.

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 5:31AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

1) You would get more and better responses in the Appliances Forum

2) Manufacturer controls the dealers prices by threatening to pull their dealership.

3) Markdown Madness on ebay is not an authorized dealer therefore not controlled by Bluestar. Bluestar is not legally required to honor warranty if you buy from non-authorized dealer.

4) $6500 is the full MSRP. The minimum allowed selling price,or UMRP, is set regionally and varies a bit but is around $5800 plus any tax.

5) $4242 plus $99 delivery seems like a really good price to me. Remember you don't need Bluestar to fix your range; you need Bluestar to fix your range under the warranty period for FREE. Their one year warranty is not worth ~$1600 IMO

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 6:28AM
More Discussions
Kitchen layout...make better use of current space and expand storage!
I'm hoping to get a few ideas on how to improve the...
rowan1099
Kitchen Cabinet pricing - what would you do?
I had had a few quotes done for my kitchen cabinets:...
petralikesyoga
Help, my new white lacquer cabinets are peeling!
Hello, We reno'd our kitchen 1.5 years ago and installed...
cece1213
Alternate granite idea to replace Cambrian black I had been planning?
My DH is killing me. We are doing white cabinets and...
happyallison
Backsplash 'Rules'/Design Principals for Cohesion
Hi all! Still no reveal and yes still searching for...
autumn.4
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™