camera card

joe_mnJune 18, 2011

camera has 1gb internal memory. is full. had 512mb sd card. moved all sd data to computer using card reader. lost camera cord. went to transfer data from internal memory to card and it said OK but found no data on card. seems card capacity has to be larger than internal memory. i did find a work around. move 1 pic at a time to card. ugh. i have no sd cards. so, find cord and maybe get larger sd card.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazypup

Look on ebay,,sd cards are cheap

Bookmark   June 18, 2011 at 11:00PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazypup

From my experience in most cases when you have a simple Point & Shoot camera that has both a built in memory and a provision for a removable Sd type memory card, when you have a removable card in the camera it writes the file to the removable card first.

If you get a removable card and insert it into your camera the camera will put the photos on the removable card, then when you get home you can be sure the camera is turned off and extract the removable card, then insert the card in the card reader on your computer and a screen will pop up saying you have inserted the card and ask you what you want to do with it, check download the files and it will download the files to your My Picture file automatically.

You can get a 2gb SD card at any Walmart, Kmart, drug store or almost any store that has even a rudimentary electronics & photo dept for about $10 or less. I get them on ebay for about $6 including S&H.

Bookmark   June 20, 2011 at 12:54AM
More Discussions
Some of my garden photography
Hi!!!! I didn't know there was a photography forum...
Desirai
Re-introducing myself
Hi my name is Juanita- I got into photography through...
juanital
Question about posting photos with Houzz
It's nice that we can post four pictures now from our...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Butterfly in my Garden
While working in my garden, this fella allowed me enough...
joyfulflowers
Lens isssues with cheaper digitals
Looked thru a couple of pages of forum topics for this...
robertz6
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™