Picture from JPEG

truzellaJune 20, 2008

I have been searching for the right picture for quite some time. I found what I was looking for in a JPEG image. How can I have that image made into a quality print suitable for framing? Something about the size of 20 x 24? Someone said that the image, since it is so small would be to "grainy" if it was enlarged. I know nothing about photography and was looking for any thought or suggestions

p.s. I would really like to have it painted in water color but that's for another thread. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ashelton80

What is the size of the image? Right click on it, go to properties, and find the AAAxBBB number. Multiply the two numbers together. That will yield a large number, and that is the number of individual pixels. Divide that by 1,000,000 to give you a megapixel count. In order to maintain a decent quality at that print size you would need a pretty large MP count, more than most images found on the web. Never having tried to print that large, I would ASSUME you would need at LEAST 7 million pixels for a decent quality result. Anything lower would likely give you a grainy image that you wouldnt be happy with.

A

Bookmark   June 20, 2008 at 4:11PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
abr4xii

Grain can be a tool in photography..don't fall in with the
portion of digital camera enthusiasts who are obsessed with the idea that all photographs must be pin sharp.
The pointilistic look can be a form of expression and enhance many images.
Experiment with grain, you might be surprised.

Bookmark   June 20, 2008 at 4:59PM
More Discussions
Re-introducing myself
Hi my name is Juanita- I got into photography through...
juanital
Butterfly in my Garden
While working in my garden, this fella allowed me enough...
joyfulflowers
Some of my garden photography
Hi!!!! I didn't know there was a photography forum...
Desirai
Homemade PVC Photo Booth
I normally post in another Garden Forum, but thought...
oldalgebra
11 things that drive most photographers crazy
As I'm sure you already know by now, there are some...
JamesScott86
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™