Should I buy Photoshop elements + video?

njmommaJune 16, 2012

It looks pretty neat and I'm just getting into photography so I'd like a good beginners program for editing pics and video.

Is it worth the price? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iowagirl2006

It's a lot cheaper than the full version of PS. It can do a ton of things, but it can seem really confusing at first.

The plus side of it - there are SO many users out there. There is a wealth of information and tutorials to learn from.

Not sure if you are a scrapbooker, but PSe is used widely by a lot of digital scrapbookers. You can find a lot of tutorials on photo editing on their websites.

Bookmark   June 17, 2012 at 3:37PM
njmomma

Thanks. I'm a scrapbooker in theory. I have tons of pics from the past few years floating around on my computer and out there in the "cloud" and I want to finally do something with them.

Bookmark   June 17, 2012 at 11:08PM
alisande

I'm coming late to this thread, but I hope you bought PSE. It's a great program.

Bookmark   June 23, 2012 at 3:10PM
rdmusc

I love Photoshop Elements. Also, if you can afford it, Photoshop Lightroom 4 ($150)is a very good tool for organizing and tweaking photos and so is the free Google Picasa. New version of Lightroom also handles video very well. I couldn't speak to the video editing program. I use Sony Vegas Pro 11 for my video editing needs but it's a bit on the pricey side but does give professional results.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sony Vegas Pro

Bookmark   July 2, 2012 at 7:38AM
molossermom

I'm not a pro but once I had been using adobe Photoshop cs6 and had to temporarily use elements I found photo tampering no longer fun. IâÂÂm not saying Elements is a bad program; Elements is a great program. But CS6 is an awe inspiring program with endless capabilities! Yup the catch is itâÂÂs also $800+ Most of us incl. myself can't afford. The good news is they have what is called the student / teacher edition thatâÂÂs identical in every way but the price tag. So if you (or family member) are currently enrolled or employed (not just teachers) at any university just follow my link or give them a call they are very nice. Also its through adobe not a university-program so if you go to Adobe's main site they have the info there too.

Here is a link that might be useful: adobe info

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 8:39AM
bean_counter_z4

mjmomma, by all means get Elements and also a manual and learn to use all its many features. You will love it and you will have lots of fun. When you have mastered PS Elements, look at Topaz Lab's add ons. They fit perfectly with Elements and can give you some startling awesome photos.

I had the full versions of PS and seldom used it.

Bookmark   December 13, 2012 at 11:20AM
susieq07

Why would you pay for a photo editing software, when so many are available for Free a simple download, a great one is photoscape.

Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 3:40PM
molossermom

One of the nice things adobe offers is a 1month free trail of the full version of photoshop and i beleive all of thier software. Plus there are oodles of high quality step by step video tutorials and how to's for every aspect of photoshop: all for free. go to their web site and watch a demo or two. Depending on what you want to do with your photo's something s are worth every penny.

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 2:15AM
More Discussions
11 things that drive most photographers crazy
As I'm sure you already know by now, there are some...
JamesScott86
The 73 most expensive photographs ever sold
Here's a cool article listing (and showing) The 73...
JamesScott86
Fire in the sky
no photoshop~
jeaninwa
Help with old photos from a Kodak digital camera
I recently found several old floppy discs that I had...
don_na_na
Homemade PVC Photo Booth
I normally post in another Garden Forum, but thought...
oldalgebra
Sponsored Products
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Accent Rug: Mohawk Home Rugs Forte Dark Coco Taupe
$14.87 | Home Depot
White Griffith Side Table
$29.99 | zulily
Jesper Office | 100 Collection Study Desk
YLiving.com
Hartin Indoor/Outdoor Rug 3'5" x 5'5" - ORANGE
$199.00 | Horchow
Laguna Synthetic-weave Arm Chairs (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Leucos | Laguna S105 Platinum Suspension Light
YLighting
Madeira Armless Center Chair, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
Jamie Young Tall Clear Glass Ribbon Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™