Help with light fixture!!

tricia257February 14, 2013

I have posted a before photo of my kitchen. The light is in the current brass ceiling fan is in the center of the ceiling.
I have a small kitchen, 8' ceiling so choices are limited.

Here's what I now for sure. I have to have ceiling fan. The kitchen is always so much hotter than the rest of the house.

Here's where I need help. I am putting in a kitchen with white uppers and dark cherry base cabs and s steel appliances. Because of the (to me) odd location of the fan I don't want to call attenton to it. I have ordered a brushed nickel hugger fan with white blades.

What light fixture with it???? Or no light?? Can i get away with only can lights?

Because o the stupid small window I have to have a light on in the kitchen all day .

The bowl light I have now feels so dated and since I don't want to call attention to the light I'mnot sure what to do .

Thanks for the help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amandasplit

We're doing white uppers and dark base cabs, too. :) Would you be interested in something like this?

http://www.dwr.com/product/ball-fan-with-halogen-light.do?sortby=ourPicks#.UR21OKVxUTY

Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 11:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tricia257

I was considering something like that for a while. Minka aire has a hugger concept traditionalDo you have this installed yet? My fear was that if the ceiling fan light points down I might as well just stick to the can lights.

Right now I have the fan light on all day and its nicer during the day somehow than the can as the light washes the ceiling and seems very even in the room. Thoughts???

Thanks for the url for the website, btw. I hadn't seen this one.

Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 11:31PM
More Discussions
Walnut cabinets - natural or stain?
I fell in love with walnut for my kitchen cabinets....
zaphod42
Help on Cabinet Approach / Selection
Hi, I've actively scoured the forum for useful tidbits...
fshine
Looking for a review of TCE Quartz
Looking to put in a Quartz countertop and was quoted...
maremurry
Quartz or Dekton/Neolith?
I know all about the wonders of quartz countertops...
nadianyc
Question on size of wall cabinets flanking cooktop
I'm planning 45" wall cabinets for my uppers....
seb225
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™