Some Advice Regarding A New Camera, Please

WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8aMay 11, 2012

For quite a number of years, I used a Pentax Optio 330. It took wonderful pictures, in additiona to having great zoom and macros. It has been ruined by the battery splitting and dripping it's goo into the camera. Therefore, I am on the search for a new digital camera. I prefer one that has the eyepiece, but it seems that those belong to bygone days.

Any thought or comments will help me immensely, since I haven't been in the market for a camera in a long time.

TIA.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zen_man

WC,

The Nikon D3200 is a new introduction from Nikon that you should consider. At $699 it includes a respected 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR NIKKOR Zoom Lens. The VR stands for "vibration reduction", which is a Nikon term for image stabilization. You didn't mention your price range, but this camera offers more "bang for the buck" than any camera out there. I plan to purchase it, and a macro lens and a telephoto lens as well. Read the user reviews on Amazon for second opinions.

ZM
(not associated with any product or vendor mentioned or linked)

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 3:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mountain_lady

Olympus pen , or anything by them. I love my olympus cams. you can pick them up from 400 to 1500.

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 3:23PM
More Discussions
Looking for rubber caps for tripod
We have a telescope that's on an old wooden tripod....
mrsgym
kentuck_8b
Lens isssues with cheaper digitals
Looked thru a couple of pages of forum topics for this...
robertz6
Question about posting photos with Houzz
It's nice that we can post four pictures now from our...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
here are some bird pictures
I have a Nikon 5100 and 2 zoom lens one I use for the...
Lorna1949
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™