Kitchen Layout - Questions
Everyone on GardenWeb has been of great assistance in our kitchen remodel. We have a kitchen layout, but I was curious to hear any thoughts before we finalize things. A couple of comments:
1) We will have a Miele 36" induction cooktop.
2) Our architect left 42" for a fridge, I believe, but we'll just be using a 36" which gives us extra space for the pantry.
3) We are adding a small second sink in the island, close to the cooktop.
4) Not in the plan, but the little nook area has space for a 42" round table with two chairs on the outside.
5) Our biggest concerns are not having any "mudroom" space when we walk in from the back, but we tried everything, and since it was important for us to have a breakfast nook space in the room and not lose too much counter space, that was the one thing that had to go. Maybe we can build in some cubbies or a little area for shoes, keys, "stuff" in the island or in the drawers near the back door.
6) Also, will we have enough upper cabinet space? We're already concerned that the uppers on the side of the cooktop may encroach too much on that countertop space which would make it an unpleasant space for cook prep, but maybe it'd be fine.
7) I was thinking of swapping the pantry and fridge, only because in some photos we've seen having the fridge and a double oven next to each other doesn't always look that great. (We're probably going KitchenAid double oven and 36" counter depth fridge)
We appreciate any thoughts you may have. Our next step is to design cabinets and figure out where everything will go.