This just amazes me...

bigackMay 6, 2007

Boys went to Kentucky Derby yesterday, son took this of the stands up above, I can't believe the people. He said there were 150,000 plus people there, plus the Queen.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
juanital

Yes, that was an awesome race...Did you watch the winner come up from 19th to winner?...

It's just a race that happens a few minutes, I'm not into whos good or not...but I felt myself cheering for whatever horse was going...

They showed the queen there, but didn't know it was her...there was no big to-do or anything, so when I did see that little part where they focused on her I thought was....'How could that be her?'...Though my dh told me that was something she always wanted to see 'A Kentucky Derby Race' afterwards....then of course the media afterwards, too...

This is their 133rd KDR...they prepare for it...and I do not understand how it just goes by so unnoticed...unless your into-it...

An exciting less than two minutes...Street Sense won...

Thanks for sharing, Bigack...makes the news a little more personal....

juanita

Bookmark   May 6, 2007 at 9:22PM
solstice98

I lived in Louisville from 1981 to 1984. If you don't live there you can't imagine what a big deal the Derby is. I worked for a large national company that had offices downtown. Everyday at noon during Derby week we stopped work and the whole office (about 50 people) went to the beer/bluegrass/great food tents set up downtown (nowhere near the track) and partied all afternoon. For a week! It was insane. During the rest of the year no one would have dreamed of drinking on company time.

Even if you don't follow horse racing you can't help but get caught up in the event and know all the horses running, who trained them, who's going to ride them, etc.

If you weren't going to the race then you prepared elaborate parties with your neighbors and friends. And of course, you had to wear a hat. Well, not a hat, it had to be A HAT !!!.

Great memories! Thanks for triggering them!

Bookmark   May 7, 2007 at 9:11PM
doris_mi5

That is an awesome picture as was the race. I watched it on tv and if you blinked it was over. Just amazing how Street Sense went from 19th place to first.

Bookmark   May 9, 2007 at 11:15AM
More Discussions
Mid-range DSLR Recommendations?
I've been kicking around the idea of finally ditching...
Swentastic
Replace Canon G12 Powershot lens
I'm considering ordering a replacement lens for my...
oldbat2be
Looking for rubber caps for tripod
We have a telescope that's on an old wooden tripod....
mrsgym
Digital or Otherwise?
Have scads of photo equipment based around a Canon...
pink_warm_mama_1
predator in the tall grass
Ok its just a tiny 7lb cat; but she doesn't think so....
molossermom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™