x-post: Where to find replacement pull down sprayer?

laughablemomentsFebruary 16, 2013

I put this in the plumbing forum, but I'm not sure of the traffic there. Could anyone recommend where to find a replacement ORB sprayer for our pull-down faucet? This one is about worn out.

I checked faucetsdirect, they have a couple of Kohlers, but not in ORB. Also, we don't know what brand this fella is. :(

DH states it has male threads, about 1/2", if that helps any.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo


    Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 12:07AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I'd just write/call the manufacturer with the model name/number of your faucet. Not sure if its a Kohler (since you mention that brand), but if it is, I've had extremely good luck with their customer service.

    Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 3:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks for the bump, Aliris.

Unfortunately we don't have the manu. name, wi-sailorgirl. Kohler just happened to be a company that we found that has replacement sprayers (but not in ORB). According to a couple folks on plumbing, it's probably a knock-off brand, humph.

I've e-mailed faucetdirect to see if they can offer any helpful advice. Still waiting for a response...

    Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 4:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

sometimes the name is very small and well hidden on the backside of the faucet base. Can you get a mirror and look? If it is a Delta, Brizo, Kohler, etc, they probably stand behind it and will replace it.

Otherwise, you won't want to just add another non-matching head to the faucet. Every manufacturer has different interpretations of orb.

    Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 6:31PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I need to replace my pull-out sprayer on laundry room faucet. The buttons that make it go from spray to steam are broken. It's a delta and they don't just sell the buttons - you have to buy the whole wand assambly. Anyhow, I was about to spend $67 on a new wand when I saw a universal wand for any pull out. It came in stainless steel and was less than $30.! I bet you can find a universal pull down too. That was at Home Depot.

I didn't actually get that one bcause the lady at HD asked if my faucet was still under warranty. I didn't know and she called delta and it was! 5 - yr warranty apparently. So they are sending me a new wand assembly at no charge! So if you can figure out the brand you might call the company and ask to ship you one. If not, check out the universal ones.

    Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 10:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thank you Bee and Mountaineergirl. I just did the mirror look-see, and it says UPC nsf 61-9. Looks like we have a genuine..Chinese knock-off faucet.

I'm wondering if I should switch back to chrome fixtures when we remodel in case replacement parts are needed down the road. I like the ORB, but have noticed it's quite hard to get a good match between brands.

Was hoping for a nice inexpensive fix. Ah well.

    Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 8:12AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
I think my quartz sample is trying to drive me crazy
We had settled on PentalQuartz Carrara for the island...
Fridge against wall
I'm looking at a plan and the refrigerator is placed...
what's an acceptable level of "off"
cabinets are going in need to know what's ok with regard...
Kitchen reveals and DAT threads with missing photos and text
I’ve been looking at Gardenweb threads that have...
Barker cabinets?
So who has Barker cabinets and would be willing to...
Sponsored Products
Kichler Wedgeport Olde Bronze Bath 4-Light
Florence Style Loft Armchair Loveseat and Sofa Set of 3 in Blue Tweed
$1,989.00 | LexMod
Steelcase | Move Chair, Upholstered
VIG Furniture - F81 Full Leather Sofa Set - VGF081
Great Furniture Deal
Stammer Giclee Shade 10x10x12 (Spider)
$69.99 | Lamps Plus
Victoria Bed - HL1556
$209.00 | Hayneedle
Blue & White Pitcher
$28.99 | zulily
Area Rug: Lighthouse Border Blue 5' 3" x 8' 3"
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™