photoshop elements

gre2eneyesMay 21, 2008

Does anyone know much about using and editing with photoshop. I use Photoshop elements 6.0 and before that I had 4.0. I am just now starting to try to learn the features of it so I can edit my own pictures and do some creative things with them. What I am having trouble with is understanding layers, and how to work with them. I would like to take two pictures and crop out part of one to place into the other. I bought one book, but it does not seem to explain it to someone completely new to the process. Is there another that is better, really explains it step by step....like baby steps maybe???

Thanks for the help. I do appreciate any and all advice.

Judy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
abr4xii

Does this help?

Here is a link that might be useful: Layers

Bookmark   May 22, 2008 at 3:27PM
Lois_MO

Saw your message and wonder if you had any difficulty installing Elements 6. I have never used it but my cousin had #4 and I liked it. I have read that someone had a lot of trouble installing Ver 6, but think it was MAC version. I have Windows XP .. I hope I can learn to "Layer" too...but most of what I want is "cloning" for pix that are old and need repair. Any help you can give me about installation would be appreciated.

Bookmark   May 26, 2008 at 7:13PM
ftell001

What I do is go to www.youtube.com and type in the search space "photoshop". There are a lot of videos/tutorials to help but make sure you take notes so you can refer to them later.

Bookmark   May 30, 2008 at 7:08AM
More Discussions
Homemade PVC Photo Booth
I normally post in another Garden Forum, but thought...
oldalgebra
My digital slideshow on Utube Xmas 14
This is what I do with my digital photo's, music added...
aputernut
Re-introducing myself
Hi my name is Juanita- I got into photography through...
juanital
A question
I guess this is a somewhat different subject but it...
gmom74
Digital or Otherwise?
Have scads of photo equipment based around a Canon...
pink_warm_mama_1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™