Saturnia gold granite

bevpeacockMarch 31, 2013

I was reading your blog, and ran across an article, on Saturnia Gold granite, which is not a granite but a schists. I found this beautiful granite and put it on hold and was going to get it installed in my kitchen. And now after reading your blogs. I am very nervous. Will it not hold up in the kitchen? Will it chip easily? Will it have to be sealed alot or heavy and thus take away from the beauty of the stone? And scratch easy too? Will it leave water spots? Please advise. Should I pick another color? I am so worried and freaked out and overwhelmed? Also if I do stay with this color, what color of backsplash should I use with it? I want an Tuscan style kitchen. I don't know to go with black appliances or stainless steel. Can anybody help me? Thanks, Bev

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SaraKat

I looked it up on Houzz and that is a gorgeous granite. It seems to have been used in quite a few kitchens. I think I would do stainless appliances since that would be a lot of black with a black and gold granite. What color are your cabinets? Maybe you could do wood panels over the appliances. The backsplash could be tricky the photos I saw just used the same granite but I don't think most people like to do that and also it's expensive. A simple tile lighter than the gold but in that color would be pretty in a natural stone, limestone?. .. I love the granite, interesting that the supplier says it is a schist. It has a lot of mica in it which makes it beautiful but interested to hear what others have to say.

Bookmark   April 1, 2013 at 8:18PM
More Discussions
Any idea what this style house is called?
Hello folks! I saw this house and am very interested...
jplanger
Dove soap users...
Have you noticed they made the bar soap smaller? I...
SheeshareeII
Help me find a new coffee table
Just before the Houzz migration, GWers helped me decide...
smalloldhouse_gw
Baseboards and door molding
my baseboards are dark-stained wood to match wood floors,...
valmooreinphx
Living Room and Playroom colors
I need help picking colors. I have lived with beige...
April
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™