Need Recipe for Amuse Bouche with Blue Cheese

pink_overallsNovember 14, 2012

A few years ago I took an appetizer to a dinner party that was a hit. Why I didn't save the recipe, I don't know. Now, I want to take it to a Thanksgiving dinner.

All I remember is that it used blue cheese and butter and maybe something spicy. They were simple to make -- just little balls of deliciousness.

Anyone have something like this in the file?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Teresa_MN

Is it anything like this recipe? I've never made them but one of my sisters has made these for parties. And I had them at my nephews graduation party and they were delicious!

Here is a link that might be useful: Buffalo Chjcken Blue Cheese Balls

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 7:54PM
lindac

Unfortunately I don't have copies on my computer and am too busy this week to search through the dis array of recipes here.
But there are several I have made.
My late husband was CEO or The Maytag Blue Cheese operation, and would receive many many recipes from customers....and he would bring some home and say "what do you thing of this?" It I thought it sounded interesting, I would make it we would try it and perhaps make it again and ask friends to try it and maybe file it to be included in a future mailing.
So that partly explains why I have all there odd blue cheese recipes...(blue cheese peanut butter spread anyone?)
There is one I recall that is equal parts blue cheese and butter, seasoned with garlic powder and some cayenne pepper, chilled and rolled into tiny balls, rolled in ground nuts or seasoned toasted bread crumbs and served as cocktail tidbits on tooth-picks.

Another I am struggling with had pepperidge stuffing mixed in.....not remembering much more than that....seems as if butter and blue cheese were heated and melted together and stirred into the stuffing mix until all the cheesy, buttery fat was absorbed, them rolled into balls, chilled and served.
I think the first one sounds better.....as I recall all the mix of stuffing and blue cheese flavors was not particularly good.

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 8:31PM
caliloo

I've made these several times... and I think I got the recipe here. Do they sound familiar?

Alexa

Blue Cheese Truffles
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (4-oz.) container crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon $

Apple pear slices Grapes

Preparation
1. Beat first 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. Cover tightly, and chill at least 1 hour or until firm (can chill up to 3 days).

1. Roll cheese mixture into 3/4-inch-round balls. Roll each ball in bacon. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve. If chilled, let stand 30 minutes before serving. Serve with apple and pear slices and grapes.
    Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 8:48PM
Teresa_MN

Alexa - those sound delicious! I could make a whole meal out of 3-4 pieces of them, a couple slices of fruit and a glass of wine. They sound so rich I don't think I would not need anything else.

This will go in my keeper file.

Teresa

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 8:56PM
pink_overalls

Lindac, that sounds like it! I know it was very simple, with few ingredients and no real cooking, just mixing. And the cayenne was probably the hot flavor I remember.

Amuse buche translates as "amuse the mouth" and that's exactly what these did. Thanks.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 11:51AM
More Discussions
Tried And True "Edible" Brownie Recipe? (Where Legal)
Here is a cooking question, more specifically a baking...
johnliu_gw
Canning tomato juice worth it?
Hi All - I'm thinking about canning tomato juice this...
jennieboyer
Cheddar Cheese Bread
Cheddar Cheese Bread This was a 750g batch - two loaves. Normally...
ann_t
Need help making changes in this recipe
I've been a long time lurker, posted few times, and...
littleonefb
More Sourdough Discard & Baker's Kaffeeklatsch
We left off at Troisième I haven't had time and...
plllog
Sponsored Products
King Pillowcase - LAVENDER (KING)
$89.90 | Horchow
Wine Cellar 15'' Bread Tray
$16.99 | zulily
Area Rug: The Simpsons Homer and Kids Multi Colored 39" x 58"
$49.97 | Home Depot
Penarth Navy Blue One Light Table Lamp
$250.00 | Bellacor
RGB 5050 LED Strip Light 30/m 10mm wide Foot
EnvironmentalLights.com
Homelegance Royal Blue Chenille Parson Chairs - Espresso - Set of 2 Dark Brown -
$273.94 | Hayneedle
New Geometric Rug Hand Knotted Wool Red Kazak Morris Collection H679
BH Sun Inc
Dusk Blue Abstract Rectangle Shade Double Gourd Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™