Roosters

solusumbraMarch 10, 2014

So we just moved to a new place, a small trailer and our landlord lives right next door. He has some roosters that he just lets run around and they are always coming over to our trailer (would not be a smart idea to plant a garden). But this isn't what gets me the most, its that the rooster never shuts up! All day and morning long. Can anyone think of a way I can cover up or drown out the noise?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

I'm not knowledgeable about roosters, but you might post over on the farm forum, link below.

Maybe in time you won't notice it any more.

Here is a link that might be useful: farm forum

Bookmark   March 10, 2014 at 4:30PM
gardenandcats

Are you on ok terms with the owner of the rooster? If you are go and discuss it with them.

Bookmark   March 10, 2014 at 5:44PM
calliope

LOL..............one does not have control over when roosters crow. It's just being a rooster. I have had flocks of fowl for decades and love to hear them getting vocal. Mostly it's the hens who do the noisemaking during the day, usually after they get done egging. The roos mostly before dawn, and for territorial reasons if there are competing roos in the same flock. My first question is do you know a rooster from a hen? I'm not trying to be rude. I live in the country, and through the years some of the long-time property owners have rented their houses out to city folk who inevitably complain about the chicken noises, the mule brays, the smell of manure on the fields, woodsmoke. It's part of what country life is about. It literally comes with the territory.

Bookmark   March 10, 2014 at 6:00PM
solusumbra

Yes I do know a rooster from a hen, and territory problems could be it, I know of 4 roosters around this area. We just had 2 of them fighting in our yard the other morning. Every time one starts making noise they all follow. I have lived in the country most of my life and it is only the roosters I have a problem with but it doesn't help that I am a really light sleeper. Anything can get on your nerves when you don't get enough sleep.

Bookmark   March 10, 2014 at 9:34PM
annzgw

You need a good pair of ear plugs. My DS swears by the ones made of wax or silicone.

Bookmark   March 10, 2014 at 10:54PM
emma

A neighbor had a rooster at my last home and there was a stray in this neighborhood after we moved in. A neighbor adopted it and it never bother anyone, it was kind of fun.....but I would hate to have one next door that crowed all day. Also I would not ever live next door to my landlord....ever!!!

Bookmark   March 10, 2014 at 11:47PM
calliope

solusumbra...........sounds like someobody needs to make noodles with the superfluous roo ;-)

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 10:01AM
More Discussions
Finally, no more poop eating.
After trying every product under the sun with no help...
roobear
doggie dementia?
My 12 yr old dog has started waking up in the middle...
beaglemomma
loose aggressive dog on walk, need help
i need helpful advice about aggressive dog in neighborhood....
adoiron
Let's see your beloved pets
We need some happy posts on this forum, so let's see...
pamghatten
which dog should I get?!
I am confused on which breed of dog to get and I need...
adi003
Sponsored Products
Cast Iron Rooster Doorstop
Signature Hardware
Titan Lighting Lamps 19 in. Petite Rooster Lamp 684-32685
$84.00 | Home Depot
Bergerac Rooster Kitchen Accent Rug (2'6 x 3'10)
Overstock.com
Sweet Olive Embossed Rooster Antique Blue Salad Plate
Classic Hostess
BonJour Dinnerware Meadow Rooster Oval Platter - 50176
$29.95 | Hayneedle
Country Rooster Giclee Set of Four Shades 3x6x5 (Clip-On)
$49.99 | Lamps Plus
Chante Clair Rooster Accent Table Lamp
$49.91 | Lamps Plus
Hen & Rooster Stainless Steel Steak Knife Set (Set of 6)
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™