Inherited tripod missing a part

parheliaApril 15, 2009


I was wondering if anyone here might be able to help me. My mom recently found a tripod that was my dad's, but the detachable part that screws into the base of the camera is long gone.

Is there a name for this part? Is it a standard part, or is it something that's likely to vary in size, etc. by the brand of tripod? How would I go about finding a replacement? Any idea how much one might cost?

Thank you!!!


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

sorry, but without that part, your tripod is totally useless. I doubt you'll find a "replacement". Cheaper and less hassle to just buy a new one

    Bookmark   April 15, 2009 at 7:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It's called a quick release plate. I'd do an internet search if you have a brand name or a model # on the tripod. You can always purchase a new tripod if necessary, but I wouldn't give up until I explored all avenues. Plus, it would be nice to be able to use your Dad's tripod! :)


    Bookmark   April 15, 2009 at 9:48PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
error message 01 on Canon T4i
We have three of these cameras. 2 are getting the error...
Re-introducing myself
Hi my name is Juanita- I got into photography through...
Miscanthus sinensis on display
I like this photo because it nicely displays my ornamental...
Lens isssues with cheaper digitals
Looked thru a couple of pages of forum topics for this...
Some of my garden photography
Hi!!!! I didn't know there was a photography forum...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™