Dog Urine Smell in Carpet. How to get rid of it

GoatMommyMarch 27, 2011

I have shampooed my carpet over & over & over again & can't get the urine smell out. I have tried vinegar, shampoo for pet odors & stains, baking soda, you name it Ive tried it. Im on the verge of throwing one rug out. The other carpet has just been replaced and before I could put their belly band & panties on them they evidentally peed on it. I can't stand the smell but can't seem to get rid of it. I have even bought the Rug Doctor urine gone stuff & soaked the carpet with it. Still smell it after I steam cleaned it with the Rug Doctor Pet shampoo. Please help!!! Im at my wits end & would rather not have to throw my big throw rug away & need to get it out of the new carpet.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Elly_NJ

Soak it completely with Nature's Miracle and give it days to dry. Soak it to the floor.

It's great stuff, Nature's Miracle.

Bookmark   March 27, 2011 at 6:13AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
spedigrees z4VT

I second that advice. Buy a lot of nature's miracle and pour it on liberally; then let it sit in the carpet for weeks. Be patient. The enzymes in it eventually digest/break down organic substances like urine, poop, vomit etc. You can buy it online or at pet stores.

Bookmark   March 27, 2011 at 1:33PM
More Discussions
Dog throwing up yellow bile
Hi,what would be the most obvious reason for a dog...
debbiep_gw
help with my pet
Hello, My name is Janet, owner of a 3 yr old male Blue...
janet1971
Advice on trapping a stray cat
My husband and I have been feeding a lone stray cat...
honugirlhawaii
Does anyone have a spayed dog that has a brownish discharge?
I came to this Forum to ask your opinions about something...
pickyshopper
Suddenly lost use of rear legs.
My 6 year old Golden suddenly lost use of his rear...
jgatty
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™