Some old B&W's

greentfingerApril 25, 2011

Now that my age is advancing I have time to do things otherwise neglected. Here are a few photos I managed to take over the years, that is all but the first two. The second one was probably with an old Brownie or judging from format an Ansco or one of the old 6x9's. Years ago I did all of my developing and printing, contact & enlarging. When I no longer could reach the top of my Besseler I sold everything and went digital. Nothing to mix, no horrid smells, no lengthy cleanup and ease of manipulation, wonderful! However I miss all of the latter.

This one of me and My model A Ford was taken while going to Yosemite Park in 1950 with a Mercury split frame camera on Kodak plus X film. Some of my first attempts at photography. Developed & printed in the base hobby shop.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alisande

I love old B&W's--thanks for sharing these! Photographing old documents the way you did with the marriage license is a good way to preserve them.

Boy, cars sure have changed! :-)

Bookmark   April 26, 2011 at 10:29AM
Konrad___far_north

Yes...same here, great pictures!

Bookmark   April 26, 2011 at 11:25PM
juanital

Oh yeah!!! love b&w's too! Thought I would like to try all that, but don't think I would have time-surely do like the film pic, esp b&w's!!! TFS...:)

Bookmark   July 7, 2011 at 10:41PM
More Discussions
11 things that drive most photographers crazy
As I'm sure you already know by now, there are some...
JamesScott86
My digital slideshow on Utube Xmas 14
This is what I do with my digital photo's, music added...
aputernut
Help with old photos from a Kodak digital camera
I recently found several old floppy discs that I had...
don_na_na
Mojave Deserts Forgotten
This is a picture i took of a Spanish style home in...
manakay_831
Mid-range DSLR Recommendations?
I've been kicking around the idea of finally ditching...
Swentastic
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™