don't know what this is called...'mask' ??

craftycMarch 7, 2011

and not even sure I can describe what I want to do:(bear with me!!)

Vacation photos...want to create a slide show.

Want to have an empty area in the shape of Alaska to fill with photo. Black background outside the shape. Is this called a mask, and if so, where does an amateur find one to use??? I hope I've explained this enough for someone to understand! Know I will probably have to put it into a print program of some sort and then arrange the photo behind it, right? thank you for any help, suggestions, comments, advice and guidance! (Novice photographer here, but think I can put together a slide show of photos!)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Maybe "frame with background". I don't know if PowerPoint has custom frames. You might need different software. You'd compose the picture with frame in software of your choice, save the image files, and then import the images into PowerPoint.

    Bookmark   March 10, 2011 at 6:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

you can join a yahoo groupe and download a tutorital on mask and frames I have learned alot.
I have paintshop and photoshop both are good for making frames and border with mask

    Bookmark   March 13, 2011 at 1:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I downloaded a dingbat font called GeoBats (free from DaFont)

In my image editor I made the Alaska character big enough to fill a 4x6 at 300 dpi.

I then filled the area with a picture to get this result:

Is that kind of what you are tying to do?

    Bookmark   March 14, 2011 at 4:38PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

you can also download stars 1 and 2 fonts they are really beautiful
another great fonts is hole i use it often on my graphics
in winter there is snowdrift which is cute

    Bookmark   March 15, 2011 at 9:22PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Looking for rubber caps for tripod
We have a telescope that's on an old wooden tripod....
Lens isssues with cheaper digitals
Looked thru a couple of pages of forum topics for this...
Question about posting photos with Houzz
It's nice that we can post four pictures now from our...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Help with old photos from a Kodak digital camera
I recently found several old floppy discs that I had...
A question
I guess this is a somewhat different subject but it...
Sponsored Products
Estelline Upholstered Queen Bed
$3,499.00 | Horchow
Artichoke Style Modern Chandelier Lamp
9'' Square Baker
$39.99 | zulily
Compamia Orlando Resin Wicker Rectangle Patio Dining Table - ISP878-BR
$349.00 | Hayneedle
Prichard modern loveseat sofa with steel metal base
Interior Define
Mystique Chocolate Rectangular: 7 Ft. 9 In. x 9 Ft. 9 In. Rug
$699.00 | Bellacor
Belmont Shower Stool
$299.00 | FRONTGATE
Currey and Company 27" Wide Crystal Chandelier
Lamps Plus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™