BM Putnam Ivory

janine09March 16, 2009

Does anyone have experience with this shade--pros and cons? How does it work with other shades, does it run yellow or green?

We are considering it in a family room which is connected to the livign room (currently in BM Windham Cream). Room gets alot of natural light.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mailynn

Hi

My kitchen must have a weird combination of colors ( counter, floor, cabinets, back splash ) but it looked very fleshy/orange to me. IIRC, someone else described it as a flesh colored bandaid.

Good luck finding the right color. My kitchen is still not repainted.

Linda ( aka MaiLynn

Bookmark   March 16, 2009 at 11:54AM
donna214

Here are some pics of my living room in Putnam Ivory. I also get a lot of natural light in this room and have never seen it turn fleshy or orangy. It has worked well for us. Excuse the living room, it is in transition.

Bookmark   March 16, 2009 at 2:35PM
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

donna, I can and will not excuse your living room because it's gorgeous! It's architecturally beautiful and I love your choice of colors and patterns. The dogs, of course, add the final touch of warmth and class. I'd love to see more of your home, this has been such a treat.

Bookmark   March 16, 2009 at 6:54PM
donna214

Thank you Ingrid. Our home is 100 years old and the big molding and trim is one of the things we love about it. I just recently rearranged the furniture. The piano moved in to this room after we got it out of storage. The couch was on the wall under the picture of my children and there was also a blue matching chair that had to move out because it was too crowded. The rug is not a favorite, but will have to do for now. I always thought the room looked too "blue", so I recently bought the pillows on the couch from pottery barn and I like the way they look. The bookshelf and mantle are bare because everything was packed up due to a major kitchen reno, so I am slowly getting things unpacked, and trying to rearrange things as I go. Sorry to hijack this thread.

Bookmark   March 16, 2009 at 8:07PM
janine09

Thanks Donna. Your LR is lovely. I actually love the blue--it adds weight and depth. And those doggies!!

The Putnam looks great in your room, but seems to run a bit yellow maybe? I'm only noticing since quite a few rooms in our house are yellow, so maybe it'll be overkill. On the other hand, maybe this is supposed to be a good thing for flow.

Bookmark   March 17, 2009 at 9:12AM
donna214

Thanks Janine. Could be my camera, it's not the best, but to me the Putnam ivory runs a tad green. I've never got a yellow vibe from it.

Bookmark   March 17, 2009 at 9:56AM
More Discussions
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - I hate it!!
I'm painting a few pieces of furniture for my daughters...
aggierose
Look in the mirror; take one accessory off
You've heard that axiom? I'm finding it relates also...
violetwest
Exterior lighting question
We're replacing all of our exterior lights. There's...
franksmom_2010
Have rounded drywall corners, do I do rounded baseboard?
We are redoing the millwork in our 1995 house. We...
akl_vdb
Hardwood floors and adjoining room, help please
We are sanding and staining the wood in our living...
jtaime2
Sponsored Products
Safavieh Handmade Heritage Tabriz Mocha/ Ivory Wool Rug (8'3 x 11')
Overstock.com
Ivory & Purple Falling Leaves Microfiber Sheet Set
$17.99 | zulily
Designers Fountain 83801 Del Ray Wall Sconce in Flemish Bronze Finish - 83801-FB
$105.50 | Hayneedle
Lucera Herringbone Throw
$149.00 | FRONTGATE
Phoebe Chest - IVORY
$1,459.00 | Horchow
Indoor Ivory Floral Area Rug (7'10 x 10')
Overstock.com
Queen Matelasse Coverlet 96" x 100" - IVORY
$665.00 | Horchow
Aster Ivory Nickel 20 1/4" Wide Ceiling Light
Lamps Plus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™