Canon T4i

JeanInWaMarch 28, 2013

We are getting new cameras (probably tomorrow) and would like to get advice on where to go for online camera classes. We will be using them mainly for video but also some stills, and would like to be able to learn, understand and use all the bells and whistles. Anyone here have good luck with an online class? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joan_mn

I can't help you with that, but I bet you will love the Rebel. I have a Rebel XTi and I love it. Hope to update one of these days.

Bookmark   April 6, 2013 at 9:14AM
JeanInWa

LoL thanks for answering joan...wow this forum is SLLLLOOOOOWWWWW!!
I've found lots of info online, youtube is amazing and some podcasts too.
I am absolutely LOVING this camera! It's my first DSLR, and very easy to use. The touch screen is so handy.
Now, I have to wait for my income tax return so I can get a macro lens and some filters. Can't wait!

Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 9:12AM
joan_mn

Yes, this forum really has gotten slow. I have to admit, I seldom think of checking here. I used to be here every day some years ago.
I'm glad you are enjoying your new camera!

Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 9:07AM
maisoui1

I just got one and have started using it. I'll try to check in here. Maybe we can reactivate the forum and make it active again.... as soon as I figure out how to upload photos - lol!

Bookmark   July 7, 2013 at 10:51PM
JeanInWa

maisoui1, uploading photos is super easy now. You just click the browse button above the message posting box. It will browse the files on your hard drive. Just click the pic you want to post and ta da. Oh, but if you make changes to your post in the preview section, you need to rebrowse for your pic

Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 2:36PM
joan_mn

I ordered a new Canon Rebel T5i yesterday. My XTi was 7 years old. I am pretty excited about getting a new Rebel.

Bookmark   August 9, 2013 at 9:08AM
a.girl.named.max

If you are interested in becoming a serious photographer I would highly recommend attending classes at an accredited college or technical college.

There is a lot to be said for classroom education and getting constructive feedback from experienced instructors, mentors, and peers. Friends and family will always tell you how awesome your "snapshots" are. However teachers and mentors can provide constructive critiques on how to improve your images.

As a professional photography student I use Lynda.com to supplement my formal education. I think Adobe and Canon might also have some online videos you might find helpful..

Photography is all about the lighting. The camera is just the tool. You might also want to consider a design class.

Enjoy!.

Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 8:56PM
JeanInWa

Going to a photography class today, and I'm pretty excited about it! It's called "Liquid Motion" and we will be doing stop motion photography on objects in motion falling into water.

Check for Meet Up groups in your city. I went to two photography ones just last weekend too. Some are free, this one I'm going to today is only $15, and some are more, up to around $150 for some.

Bookmark   September 14, 2013 at 10:15AM
faiza222

I will reply you as soon as possible, My one friend use this one and i get ideas to this one.

Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 4:49AM
More Discussions
Digital or Otherwise?
Have scads of photo equipment based around a Canon...
pink_warm_mama_1
19 most expensive photographs ever sold
Here's a cool article listing (and showing) the top...
JamesScott86
Miscanthus sinensis on display
I like this photo because it nicely displays my ornamental...
joyfulflowers
Mojave Deserts Forgotten
This is a picture i took of a Spanish style home in...
manakay_831
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™