Need Porcelain that is Travertine "look a like"

Pind54February 8, 2014

I am replacing tile in my entry, hallway and guest bath. I LOVE the look of travertine but am concerned about durability. I have seen several posts about using porcelain tiles that looks like Travertine. I would greatly appreciate suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deedles

Here is a thread that you might find helpful for starters.

Here is a link that might be useful: tile

Bookmark   February 9, 2014 at 9:36AM
Elraes Miller

One of the most important comments on the link is about overlays which "look" like tile. Not only is the dot matrix of printing seen, but you can see where they wrapped the tile, clipped paper for rounded trim.. I bought a huge amount, along with trims. All taken back. The overlay was chipping paper on back edges and sides. I couldn't imagine how this would stand up to much of anything.

Out of curiosity I went back to the tile displays and it was amazing how many products were being sold with this process. Now I'm confused as to what porcelain is.

Check and recheck to identify how the tile is made and flaws. Not all is done the same way, but one type of what I experienced could make it's way into a tile project.

Bookmark   February 9, 2014 at 10:44AM
Pind54

Thanks for the info. Knowning what to look for is helpful. I like the look of the polished travertine but haven't seen the polished in a porcelain tile yet. Looking at samples next week

Bookmark   February 14, 2014 at 9:05PM
More Discussions
Unsealed leathered Virginia Mist?
My Virginia Mist/Jet Mist counters are installed and...
juliedrew
IKEA kitchen nearly done- so delayed
We've been extremely delayed!! The granite is going...
Chinchette
What do you think of the deeper Ikea wall cabinets?
To me, it would seem that 15" deep is excessive....
Chinchette
Neolith polished Classtone?
Has anyone seen any of the new neolith classtone surfaces...
nels1678
Need help with kitchen layout
Looking for ideas. I think the island is too big at...
cinnamon01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™