frame and matt you photos?

photo2February 28, 2007

I aways enlarge, matt and frame my favorite photos and hang them on the walls. I change them usually when the season changes. I recently put up some flowers that I had taken in my garden last summer and hung them in my dinning area.. It gives me hope that spring is right around the corner and adds some cheer to this gloomy weather we have had in this area lately. How about you?? do you display your favorites?? I have seen some real beauties..if you don't you should! lol

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bigack

Oh, those are nice! I love the wide matts.

Bookmark   February 28, 2007 at 4:11PM
zitro_joe

My wife matted eight different photos and put them up in the kitchen. Here is the latest pictures we put up, they are of our daughter - Daddy's eyes, Momma's Toes

Bookmark   February 28, 2007 at 9:41PM
photo2

awesome!....love them on the wall color! great shots!

Bookmark   February 28, 2007 at 10:07PM
joanmn

wow, love those rooms, both of you. And great pics. I have thousands and thousands, I see mine mostly on my screensaver. But I have some framed and hung at home in MN, my favorites of my grandkids. And here in FL, I have a few hung. I have more I want to hang, but I can't find matching frames and mats in different sizes. I'd like to have them all match, so just the pictures would be different, like you both have.
JoanMN/FL

Bookmark   February 28, 2007 at 11:58PM
zitro_joe

I suspect I will have more to hang, or give away, the in-laws gave me a matt cutter for x-mas. I haven't used it yet. I really have been slow getting the camera out lately. I seem to be a little bit busier lately...

Bookmark   March 1, 2007 at 2:06AM
photo2

I often thought of getting a matt cutter. I can't believe I haven't bought one by now. When you get around to using yours, give us your opinion. I know what you mean about being busy..... work sometimes interfers with our hobbies doesn't it! lol

Bookmark   March 1, 2007 at 6:38AM
iowagirl2006

Those are all very striking! Thanks for sharing them.

Photo2 - can you tell me about your wall words? Is that a stencil or a rub on. That goes so well with your framed prints.

Joe - love the red wall!

Bookmark   March 1, 2007 at 11:45AM
photo2

I purchased the Wall Words from a company I found on line called "Words Anywhere" You just tell them what saying, words, phrase you want in any color ,size, font you want and they will make it for you.It really looks just like someone painted it on your wall after you apply it. The service was prompt and I was very happy with the company. I have ordered twice from them and have no complaints. Their web sight has lots of good ideas and they will show you a preview of everything before you committo buying.

Bookmark   March 1, 2007 at 1:44PM
iowagirl2006

Thank you!

Bookmark   March 1, 2007 at 3:26PM
rockinc_peg

Photo2, your flower pictures are stunning and look wonderful on your dining room wall... love the word art! And Joe, yours looks great also... love the picture of the toes!

In the living room I have:

A 24 x 36 framed:

A 6 foot of this mounted on some kind of light weight board which my brother did for me:

And an 11 x 17 of this:

Bookmark   March 3, 2007 at 8:26AM
photo2

love them all. The last one is so dramatc looking! where was it taken??

Bookmark   March 3, 2007 at 1:59PM
rockinc_peg

The last picture was taken near Riverton, Wyoming.

Bookmark   March 3, 2007 at 3:15PM
More Discussions
11 things that drive most photographers crazy
As I'm sure you already know by now, there are some...
JamesScott86
Digital or Otherwise?
Have scads of photo equipment based around a Canon...
pink_warm_mama_1
My digital slideshow on Utube Xmas 14
This is what I do with my digital photo's, music added...
aputernut
here are some bird pictures
I have a Nikon 5100 and 2 zoom lens one I use for the...
Lorna1949
Fire in the sky
no photoshop~
JeanInWa
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™