Some photos from my new Panasonic Lumix ZS3 camera

janepaFebruary 20, 2010

I am just learning the ins and outs of my new camera, but here are some untouched photos taken in the last few days. When I want to 'fix' my photos I still work with my old Olympus software, but I am going to check out what is on the Panasonic CD. I got my husband a Lumix ZS3 camera for Christmas and I had to have one for myself. Now we have our own contest going.

Our neighbor's

He wants the one in the very back

Mandy with a touch of snow

Not a pretty photo, but to show what the 85X digital zoom will pick up from a photo my husband took of the sign on the little house at the door 70' away through the sliding glass door. I have used the digital zoom at 50X and the photos looked good for that distance, but I did not get them uploaded yet.

It is great fun to take however many photos, whenever an idea pops in ones head, or an opportunity presents itself and not have the expense of getting the film developed.

Jane

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
murraysmom Zone 6 OH

Really nice pictures, Jane. I don't know where you live, but it looks quite beautiful and your dog is gorgeous! Looks like you will be having lots of fun with your new camera. I look forward to seeing more pics in the future!!

Bookmark   February 20, 2010 at 6:36PM
pfmastin

Thanks for posting...boy, are you in for a lot of fun!
Pam

Bookmark   February 22, 2010 at 9:27PM
janepa

mdvaden, Thank you for sharing your pretty landscape photos. Your Canon is giving you great photos. Does your camera have voice recording? It comes in handy sometimes.
I waited until I could use the computer at work on my lunch break to check out your site. Very inspiring. I have dial-up at home (we live 'back in the sticks')and it takes forever to see large files.

Jane
PS: If you are seeing the Canon and the computer words in bold colored print I have no idea why, but I saw it when I previewed. Sorry.

Bookmark   February 25, 2010 at 12:45PM
mdvaden_of_oregon

Pretty sure I don't have voice recording. My one camera, is a Canon A650IS which is a couple of years old. Its been described in reviews as a Canon G7 minus frills. I like the 12 megapixels in it, and size. 6 x zoom.

Lately, I use a Canon SX10 IS, with 20 x zoom. Also no voice recording. Would be a nifty feature though.

The most important part for me seems to know when I left one grove and am in another. What I do sometimes, is take an image of my palm in-between to indicate the transition, or a note on a note card. But I can see where the voice option would be very streamlined.

Seems like most manufacturers have really worked the bugs out of most cameras these days.

Bookmark   February 25, 2010 at 1:04PM
More Discussions
error message 01 on Canon T4i
We have three of these cameras. 2 are getting the error...
jeaninwa
Replace Canon G12 Powershot lens
I'm considering ordering a replacement lens for my...
oldbat2be
11 things that drive most photographers crazy
As I'm sure you already know by now, there are some...
JamesScott86
kentuck_8b
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™