How do I fix a s-l-o-w Photoshop?

alisandeFebruary 21, 2007

I've been tearing my hair out because one of my computers has gotten so unbearably slow. But I just realized the Excel, Explorer, and Word functions are working just fine. It's only Photoshop that has slowed down to a crawl.

I have no idea what the problem could be or how to remedy it. But I'll bet some of you know. I should post this on the Computer forum, too, I guess.

Thanks!

Susan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minrose

Have you cleared out your temporary files, history, etc... you go to control panel and then internet options to get to it, and sometimes defragging the computer helps.

Bookmark   February 21, 2007 at 6:44PM
zitro_joe

PS uses a lot of your RAM, if there is not much to work with it will run slower. I am not too educated in computers, though.

Bookmark   February 21, 2007 at 11:22PM
alisande

Minrose, I did both those things, and it didn't help. Thanks anyway. Joe, I know that computer is short on RAM, so perhaps that's the problem.

Bookmark   February 21, 2007 at 11:49PM
rockinc_peg

Susan, adding additional brushes, fonts, actions and styles to Photoshop will also cause it to run slower as it loads all of these each time the program opens.

Bookmark   February 22, 2007 at 5:13PM
alisande

Thanks, Peg. I can see I need to get serious about adding RAM. It was on my shopping list...until my dryer broke. :-)

Bookmark   February 22, 2007 at 5:29PM
rockinc_peg

Susan, I'm running 1.5 gig and I can see where 2 gig would be better and 3 gig would be awesome! LOL

Bookmark   February 22, 2007 at 6:01PM
More Discussions
Help with old photos from a Kodak digital camera
I recently found several old floppy discs that I had...
don_na_na
11 things that drive most photographers crazy
As I'm sure you already know by now, there are some...
JamesScott86
here are some bird pictures
I have a Nikon 5100 and 2 zoom lens one I use for the...
Lorna1949
DX or FX?
Hello all, I recently purchased a nikon d300. Im new...
andi2928
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™