One hour photo labs

littleblu87January 12, 2010

I'm in a time crunch and need to get some prints at a one hour photo lab via online upload. It looks like I'll have to use Target, CVS, or Walgreens. I know the quality will depend partially on whoever is running the lab that day. I'm sure another part will be based on the type and brand of equipment they're using. Does anyone have an opinion as to what store would provide the best quality?

Also, I think Target and maybe CVS crops the 4"x6" photos and Walgreens can print them in a true digital format which is 4"x5.3". Does anyone know if one of these is better than the other? I don't know which would be better to use.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
littleblu87

I think I could also get prints at Costco. Any opinions on Costco's one hour photo lab?

Bookmark   January 13, 2010 at 12:19AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zitro_joe

You answered your own question...

The vast majority use the Fuji Frontier System, which is a *Great* system. Most of the machines get calibrated weekly, with a standard setting.

Costco- funny thing that you mentioned that. The tech printed out my pics and they were horrible. I gave them a little bit of my opinion, and went on.

The pro-lab here cost 2.5x more, but when I want it perfect - I pay it.

When I know people are not critiquing my work I print at whatever store is closest, most convenient.

Bookmark   January 13, 2010 at 1:11AM
More Discussions
Re-introducing myself
Hi my name is Juanita- I got into photography through...
juanital
Fire in the sky
no photoshop~
JeanInWa
linear polarizing filter
Hi, I have a linear polarizing filter (make unknown)...
shakushinnen
Looking for rubber caps for tripod
We have a telescope that's on an old wooden tripod....
mrsgym
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™