Need a good contractor in SF Bay Area

PeterH2February 15, 2013

We need a really good contractor for a major kitchen remodel in Redwood City, CA. The project will involve changes to load-bearing and external walls, plus a lot of electrical and plumbing work.

Does anyone here have any recommendations?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amandasplit

I have recommendations!

We are in Belmont and used a GC that all of the moms in Belmont used and are loving him. He's cheap but the catch is he's not licensed (I know, bit no no here). If you want his contact info, let me know.

As for the rest of them - we got bids from and liked (but did not work with) Eric Hughes hughesconstruction.net We loved him but was a bit pricier.

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 10:46PM
amandasplit

(oh and we had a huge job too - knocked down walls and major plumbing relocation in our slab foundation)

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 10:47PM
julie94062

We loved ours. Opened the kitchen to the family room by removing a partial wall of cabinets, removed entire kitchen down to drywall, new island, etc. They were absolutely amazing. They said it would take 5 weeks. Well, they took 6 weeks, 3 days from tear out to finish. Amazing. (I did have everything picked out and all was ordered before that, including cabs). Cleaned up every day, wonderful to work with. A little pricey, but everything is done right and to code. And a pleasure to have in your home. Architect and construction.

They also recently did my friend's kitchen in Redwood Shores (an emergency after a leak).

Midglen Studio Associates (link below)

Email me on my page if you have any questions or want to talk specifics. Happy to share any info!

Here is a link that might be useful: Midglen Studio Associates

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 11:34PM
annkathryn

I sent you an email with my general contractor's information.

Bookmark   February 16, 2013 at 1:43AM
More Discussions
Kitchen layout, updated
Revised layout:
edwardshome
reasonable time before receipt of general contractor's estimate ?
What is a reasonable time to wait before a contractor's...
jeannette10
How to deal with high contractor bids based on your location?
In a way, I'm echoing what beachem is saying about...
andyscott
How old will I be?
How long did your kitchen remodel take, from the tearing...
ryseryse_2004
help with kitchen layout
Thoughts on this kitchen layout? What do you think...
Leigh-Ann Draheim
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™