Nikon D 60,,,VR lens vs. Non VR lens,,worth it

piper101January 30, 2009

Hi, I'm leaning toward a D SLR and stopped into a camera store. The Nikon D40 doesn't have the VR lens that is anti shake but the D60 does,,,of course I can upgrade but it's more money. Is this "VR" lens that much better???

Also, I've had a few Pentax's in my day and liked them. What do you think of Pentax K2000 vs. the Nikons? D60 or D40....I'm running to Circuit City in hopes there is a "real" price reduction and not some come on...Thx

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
piper101

Well...I just called Circuit City,,they have the D60 with the 18-55mm VR lens for $479,,was $599,,,,Costco has the D60 with 18-55 VR and other lens to 200mm VR for $699...I'm not looking to spend $699 right now but that is the rebated price for a limited time,,,,WILL I REGRET NOT GETTING THE BETTER PACKAGE,,,I priced the long telephoto lens VR at it's about $200 so I could get that later. HELP ME...

Bookmark   January 30, 2009 at 6:08PM
tooltime47

Before I buy any Camera equipment, I go to the Fred Miranda site to read the reviews.
I have found them to be very helpful.
Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: Fred Miranda

Bookmark   February 2, 2009 at 1:41PM
bjeanne

While Digatal SLR's do not have the same problems with camera shake as Point & shoot, it can still be an issue particularly at longer exposures. I have moved to Nikon VR lenses for that reason and I am quite happy. Mind you it will also depend on the kind of photography you are planning. I do a lot of macro using a 105 mm and bird photography using a 70-300 amongst others. Longer and heavier the lens the more valuable I have found the VR.

Bookmark   February 2, 2009 at 9:30PM
More Discussions
A question
I guess this is a somewhat different subject but it...
gmom74
Lens isssues with cheaper digitals
Looked thru a couple of pages of forum topics for this...
robertz6
Homemade PVC Photo Booth
I normally post in another Garden Forum, but thought...
oldalgebra
DX or FX?
Hello all, I recently purchased a nikon d300. Im new...
andi2928
Help with old photos from a Kodak digital camera
I recently found several old floppy discs that I had...
don_na_na
Sponsored Products
Black Zebra Leather Dining Chair - ZEBRA
$1,599.00 | Horchow
Cone Floor Lamp by Global Views
$697.50 | Lumens
Irridenscent Stainless Steel Rainbow Metal Clock
Overstock.com
Diamond Plus 3-pc. Set
$249.95 | FRONTGATE
Robert Abbey | Parker Flush Mount
YLiving.com