Good Photo Printer

Shelly PughJanuary 7, 2009

My daughter is getting married in April. Of course, as in everything these days we are trying to save as much money as possible.

DD's fiance's friend is a photographer and wants to take the pictures. My husband and I are thinking of buying a good digital camera and photo printer and printing the photos ourselves, then giving the camera and printer to them as a gift.

What is a really good photo printer that we can buy for under $300 because we expect to pay at least $300-$400 for the camera.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcnaylor

I've had satisfactory results with HP and their Vivera inks. I have read the ink is where alot of the difference in quality comes from. They have programs for the different kinds of paper they make as well.

Mine only cost around a hundred dollars.

Bookmark   January 8, 2009 at 7:36AM
ruthann

I was hoping there would be more responses to your question cause I would like to know too. I think most of the people on this forum only like to show their photos. I've asked a couple questions here in the past and got no response.

Bookmark   February 26, 2009 at 2:32AM
crunchpa

How many printed photos does one need? Why not use a photo service for your prints to get pro results and not *invest* in ink and a more than a 'document priced' printer. There are a zillion ways to share pics with friends without printing your own.

*and I mean invest...because it is criminal what they charge for refills.

Bookmark   February 26, 2009 at 6:59AM
More Discussions
predator in the tall grass
Ok its just a tiny 7lb cat; but she doesn't think so....
molossermom
11 things that drive most photographers crazy
As I'm sure you already know by now, there are some...
JamesScott86
here are some bird pictures
I have a Nikon 5100 and 2 zoom lens one I use for the...
Lorna1949
Miscanthus sinensis on display
I like this photo because it nicely displays my ornamental...
joyfulflowers
Mid-range DSLR Recommendations?
I've been kicking around the idea of finally ditching...
Swentastic
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™