A good quote that can apply to photography

rcnaylorJanuary 19, 2010

"Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better.

- Andre Gide"

While my picture taking might not rise to art, it sure is how I feel about almost all the pics I take. Especially the sunrise and sunset ones.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pfmastin

Oh wow, I love that one rc. Amen! :)
I often think of how wonderful it is to live in this world where the sky gives us a spectacular show every single day....it's ever changing.
Pam

Bookmark   January 19, 2010 at 8:54PM
lazypup

Thank you for sharing that one. I thought it was so good that I am printing it out and posting it on the wall above my work station.

I realize that there are some people who don't believe in God, and I not only support their right to do so, I served 8 yrs in the military to defend that right, but for me, when I peer at nature through the viewfinder I am constantly amazed at the beauty in even the lowliest things, case in point, the attached photo of a toad stool.

Bookmark   January 20, 2010 at 12:50AM
rcnaylor

Thanks. And, I agree completely with this "I am constantly amazed at the beauty in even the lowliest things, case in point, the attached photo of a toad stool." I love macro shots because if you just "stop and smell the coffee", there is often a great deal of beauty right in front of us.

Like lazypup's toadstool shows so well.

Bookmark   January 20, 2010 at 10:04AM
lalogue86

I feed bad for people who don't stop to admire all the beautiful things in our world like when the sky is dark blue on a beautiful day or sunsets or wildflowers.

Bookmark   January 20, 2010 at 2:18PM
murraysmom Zone 6 OH

Great quote, rc! I thoroughly agree. I try to see it everyday. And Lazypup, your toadstool is amazing. It looks lit from within. Fantastic detail too. Wonderful!

Bookmark   January 20, 2010 at 3:30PM
murraysmom Zone 6 OH

Your quote made me think of this picture that I took at a Butterfly Show we had here at our Conservatory.

Bookmark   January 20, 2010 at 3:42PM
More Discussions
Re-introducing myself
Hi my name is Juanita- I got into photography through...
juanital
Help with old photos from a Kodak digital camera
I recently found several old floppy discs that I had...
don_na_na
linear polarizing filter
Hi, I have a linear polarizing filter (make unknown)...
shakushinnen
Question about posting photos with Houzz
It's nice that we can post four pictures now from our...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Lens isssues with cheaper digitals
Looked thru a couple of pages of forum topics for this...
robertz6
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™