A good quote that can apply to photography

rcnaylorJanuary 19, 2010

"Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better.

- Andre Gide"

While my picture taking might not rise to art, it sure is how I feel about almost all the pics I take. Especially the sunrise and sunset ones.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pfmastin

Oh wow, I love that one rc. Amen! :)
I often think of how wonderful it is to live in this world where the sky gives us a spectacular show every single day....it's ever changing.
Pam

Bookmark   January 19, 2010 at 8:54PM
lazypup

Thank you for sharing that one. I thought it was so good that I am printing it out and posting it on the wall above my work station.

I realize that there are some people who don't believe in God, and I not only support their right to do so, I served 8 yrs in the military to defend that right, but for me, when I peer at nature through the viewfinder I am constantly amazed at the beauty in even the lowliest things, case in point, the attached photo of a toad stool.

Bookmark   January 20, 2010 at 12:50AM
rcnaylor

Thanks. And, I agree completely with this "I am constantly amazed at the beauty in even the lowliest things, case in point, the attached photo of a toad stool." I love macro shots because if you just "stop and smell the coffee", there is often a great deal of beauty right in front of us.

Like lazypup's toadstool shows so well.

Bookmark   January 20, 2010 at 10:04AM
lalogue86

I feed bad for people who don't stop to admire all the beautiful things in our world like when the sky is dark blue on a beautiful day or sunsets or wildflowers.

Bookmark   January 20, 2010 at 2:18PM
murraysmom Zone 6 OH

Great quote, rc! I thoroughly agree. I try to see it everyday. And Lazypup, your toadstool is amazing. It looks lit from within. Fantastic detail too. Wonderful!

Bookmark   January 20, 2010 at 3:30PM
murraysmom Zone 6 OH

Your quote made me think of this picture that I took at a Butterfly Show we had here at our Conservatory.

Bookmark   January 20, 2010 at 3:42PM
More Discussions
error message 01 on Canon T4i
We have three of these cameras. 2 are getting the error...
JeanInWa
Fire in the sky
no photoshop~
JeanInWa
linear polarizing filter
Hi, I have a linear polarizing filter (make unknown)...
shakushinnen
DX or FX?
Hello all, I recently purchased a nikon d300. Im new...
andi2928
A question
I guess this is a somewhat different subject but it...
gmom74
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™