Should we buy an underwater camera?

enatashadunnJanuary 3, 2009

I am looking for a new camera, as unfortunately I lost mine over the Christmas holidays. I previously had a Canon Power Shot SD800IS, which I loved! The pictures were always fantastic & I loved all the scene options. We also purchased an underwater case as we take several trips a years in which we are snorkeling/scuba diving. It was a lot of fun using in the water & we were thrilled with that option.

I am now looking into another Canon, either a Canon Power Shot SD890IS or a Canon Power Shot SD880IS BUT was wondering if it would be better to just get a completely waterproof camera? I have looked at the Olympus Stylus 1030SW 10.1MP and it seems to get mixed reviews. I did like the fact that not only can this camera take picts up to 30 ft it is "shock proof", is not harmed by sand and is pretty rugged.

So I am wondering if anybody has used these cameras & if so - what do you think??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
crunchpa

I have no experience with underwater photography, sorry.......but I would like to see a couple of your photos.

Bookmark   January 4, 2009 at 7:02AM
More Discussions
11 things that drive most photographers crazy
As I'm sure you already know by now, there are some...
JamesScott86
Replace Canon G12 Powershot lens
I'm considering ordering a replacement lens for my...
oldbat2be
Re-introducing myself
Hi my name is Juanita- I got into photography through...
juanital
Homemade PVC Photo Booth
I normally post in another Garden Forum, but thought...
oldalgebra
Mojave Deserts Forgotten
This is a picture i took of a Spanish style home in...
manakay_831
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™