negatives

earlybirdriJanuary 27, 2007

Hi,

I've never posted on this forum before, but it seems like a helpful place. I'm wondering if it is necessary to keep 35mm photo negatives these days. With all the new scanning technology, they sort of seem like a waste of space to me. Yet I'm a little hesitant to throw them all away. Thanks for any advice.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gmom74

I keep old photographs and negatives, too. We have a scanner that scans and restores pictures and I have had some very pleasant surprises to see pictures that I haven't even known existed. I don't entirely trust the digital age and worry about archiving some of the pictures. Especially those of family, and babies that have grown up in the digital camera. It's just not the same as having a negative to fall back on. Having said that, I don't know if having your digital pictures printed by a photo shop would produce negatives, too.

Bookmark   January 27, 2007 at 5:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
earlybirdri

Thanks for your response. After nearly throwing them all away, I retrieved them and put them in a separate box. I think I'll get a fire proof box to keep them in in case anything ever happens to the photos. I'm not much of a photographer, but this is 20 years worth of pictures of my kids, parents, etc.

Bookmark   January 28, 2007 at 7:49AM
More Discussions
Lens isssues with cheaper digitals
Looked thru a couple of pages of forum topics for this...
robertz6
predator in the tall grass
Ok its just a tiny 7lb cat; but she doesn't think so....
molossermom
Question about posting photos with Houzz
It's nice that we can post four pictures now from our...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Help with old photos from a Kodak digital camera
I recently found several old floppy discs that I had...
don_na_na
here are some bird pictures
I have a Nikon 5100 and 2 zoom lens one I use for the...
Lorna1949
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™