Cabinet Maker in Portland OR Area?

AnnaAFebruary 13, 2013

We are getting ready for a very small project. We'd like to price a kitchen cabinet style free standing desk and two matching file cabinets. (In other words, a desk that looks like it could have been built into a kitchen but is free-standing, as opposed to a desk that you might find in an Office supply store.) We assume a kitchen cabinet maker as a go-to expert - but maybe not since the project would be so small.??

In any case, does anyone have any recommendations for a good cabinet maker in the PNW, preferably Portland area?

Thanks everyone.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alygal

Are you looking for custom? If not you might try DIY Cabinet Outlet on St. Helens Rd in the NW industrial area. They have loads of kitchen and bath cabinets there at reasonable prices.

Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 12:34AM
AnnaA

Nice lead. Thank you alygal, I will check them out.

I think I'm headed to custom as I have a piece of marble that I used on a free standing island years ago, and am looking to repurpose it. (And my office could use a unique overhaul too.)

Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 10:17AM
crampon

I've had a bed and bedside table made to order at Missioncraft Furniture in Linnton. Their site is at http://www.missioncraftfurniture.com.

They do very nice work, have extremely competitive pricing (like 1/3 to 1/2 of the Joinery) let you choose your wood species (I haven't had them work in paint-grade, but assume that is also an option), and will build anything that you can show them a picture of, describe, or draw for them. Their focus is furniture, not cabinetry, but for what you're looking for, I think they'd be a good option to check out.

Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 7:18PM
Mistman

Another option is Black Buggy out in Ranier. We've had a hall stand and a few end table built thru them, they use Ohio Amish to build. We thought prices were good for the quality, about par w/decent stuff at the store but quality was much higher end (solid wood, dovetails, excellent fit and finish). They offer a couple lines including Shrock. You pick the wood and finishes and can customize everything. They have a bill board on hwy 30 that leads the way to the shop, a bit off the hwy (2 miles).

Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 10:11PM
may_flowers

Rockwood Cabinetry on TV Highway in Aloha. I came across them on Houzz, where they show beautiful cabinetry. I emailed them a drawing and they gave me a price quote.

Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 10:25PM
cookncarpenter

I have a friend who is a custom home builder in the Lake Oswego Sherwood area, I'm sure he knows of quality cabinet makers... his company is Northwest Dream Homes

Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 11:25PM
AnnaA

Crampon, Mistman, mayflowers, and ctycdm - thank you! These are all viable options i will check out as well.

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 12:54AM
More Discussions
Floor for White Kitchen?
Our original plan was wood look tile with white cabinets....
annaw_123
Scullery...
What are your thoughts about a scullery? A place to...
lavender_lass
Nobody does drop-in sink on stone countertop? Really?
I know... undermount is more popular these days --...
mudworm
Soapstone with runnels: How are they holding up?
If you have runnels in your soapstone, could you tell...
leavemeout
Stacked uppers?
Is it worth doing stacked uppers? I love the look but...
tigger9759
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™