Does anyone want to take my paint samples?

postquake_angelaDecember 4, 2011

After choosing paint colors, we're left with a dozen or so paint samples, each has enough left to paint a 3x3 board. We'd rather give them some g'webber who is trying to pick out their paint then send them to the landfill.

Creamy yellows to cream, plus a couple grays and taupes. Mostly Pratt & lambert with a few Farrow & Ball thrown in. If you can't pick these up, the best way to send these is by $14.95 flat rate mail. If folks are interested, I'll post exactly colors.

happy painting!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sierraeast

You could also donate them to habitat for humanity or a similar orginization if in your area. School systems often have construction classes typically at high school or junior college levels where they might be able to use them.

Dont drop them in the landfill until you see if there is a hazmat dropoff in your area. Ours is at the county landfill and they accept them once a month. There might be other drop off points in your town or county.

Bookmark   December 5, 2011 at 11:12AM
gr8daygw

also in our area Benjamin Moore will let you pay them to take them (samples and other paint). I know sounds awful to pay them yet again but it's pretty cheap. Much cheaper than trying to dry them out with cat litter IMO. It's like 75 cents for a quart and goes up per size of container. They have a printed brochure to help you with the details and prices for them to dispose of them for you. They do recycle the paint which was important to me.

Bookmark   December 13, 2011 at 8:36PM
kitchendetective

Our recycling center takes them, but the curbside recyclers do not. If you're in a pinch, you might try calling recycling centers in your area or on a convenient route.

Bookmark   December 17, 2011 at 10:10AM
More Discussions
why does the cut in on walls look darker than the rolled walls?
Im a designer and the painter I use tells me this happens...
Michael Taylor Interiors
how to get smooooth walls
The room Im painting has some areas original 1906 calcimine...
kashka_kat
Just painted kitchen cabinets, now the paint is easily peeling.
My kitchen cabinets had a natural, grainy wood finish....
iris_bulb
Paint pink ground
what is the equivalent of pink ground by Farrow and...
appuri
paint color help, Please!
Eastern Washington State, 1964 single story, 1500 sq....
H
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™