Paint

zwell0890December 5, 2013

Hello All

I'm a college student about to graduate. Moving out of my apartment at the end of the month. I have a few marks on the walls and I called the leasing office to ask what color the walls were painted, because I may be charged/lose the deposit if I don't fix it. They told me "Duron Cool Platinum". I called Duron and they said that color is $43 for a gallon. $43 for paint is a lot. Is there anything out there that is exactly the same color shade, made by another company that could be cheaper? If nobody knows, who else could I ask?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paintguy22

I'm sorry, but if you don't know the exact brand and color, then touching up probably won't work. You need to call that office again and ask them which Duron line of paint was used and the sheen (flat, eggshell, etc). Maybe you only need a quart of the paint if you are just touching up a few areas and this will probably cost about $15. If you try to get this color in another brand, the touch ups will show and the apartment complex will still need to pay a painter to come and do the touch ups anyway.

Bookmark   December 6, 2013 at 7:53AM
love_the_yard

First, check your lease agreement and maybe ask the folks in the office about normal wear and tear. Usually small holes in the wall from hanging photos are to be expected and are NOT considered "damage". (Big holes are another thing.)

Second, see if the apartment maintenance staff has some touch-up paint. They usually buy tons of the stuff, after all, they paint unit after unit, and you probably don't need to buy a gallon when you only need a smidge. See if you can't find the maintenance guy riding around on his golfcart and ask him directly. Offer to buy him a sixpack of beer or slip him a 10-dollar bill.

I lived in apartments until I was 39 years old, always hung my artwork and never incurred a damage fee after I moved out (and took my pictures and hangers with me).

Good luck!
Carol

Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 12:40AM
PRO
Christopher Nelson Wallcovering and Painting

It was probably Duron's Master hide, which Sherwin Williams now owns

Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 5:50PM
More Discussions
Paint First or New Flooring First?
I asked a flooring salesman whether to paint walls...
jbnimble
Choosing Paint Color with Lighting Issues
I'm anxious to start painting my kitchen cabinet doors...
funkycamper
First Time Homeowner - Interior Paint Decision ProMar/SuperPaint/Aura?
Here we go... I just purchased a 1950s midcentury modern...
jstem20
Thought I was spending good money...NOT!
When remodeling one section of our house, I re painted...
bossyvossy
How to move forward and paint after large scale patching and sanding
We have plaster walls and ceilings. I removed the...
lannegreenelag
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™