If cabinets are a color, what about pantry door, etc?

crl_February 5, 2013

If you paint cabinets a color (yellow, blue, etc), what do you do with the pantry door? Does it stay white if the trim is white? Anyone have pictures? I have been looking on Houzz and haven't come up with many painted cabinet pictures that show a pantry door or kitchen door, etc.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
island

If it looks more like the doors in your home or an entrance to somewhere rather than a cabinet I think keeping it the same color of your doors and trim would be best. However it helps to see the space. Have any pictures to share?

Bookmark   February 5, 2013 at 10:17PM
breezygirl

I painted my pantry door and trim the same white as my cabs. But...I painted my whole house full of new interior doors and all new interior trim so maybe that doesn't count.

Somewhere, probably Houzz, I saw a pretty kitchen with painted cabs and painted pantry door trim with a wood door. It struck me because I would have thought it wrong before I saw it. It looked pleasing.

Bookmark   February 5, 2013 at 10:49PM
robo (z6a)

I too think if it looks like an interior door, same as the other interior doors (white? or contrasting?) but if it looks like a cabinet, same as the cabinets.

I googled "painted pantry door" and there certainly are a lot of pretty examples out there! Here is one with painted cabinets:

Bookmark   February 5, 2013 at 10:58PM
crl_

Sorry, no pictures at the moment. This is a tiny pantry so the door is too narrow to be a regular door. But when I try to picture it painted a color with the white trim, that seems awkward. Thanks for the yellow pantry door picture!

Bookmark   February 5, 2013 at 11:04PM
More Discussions
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
Would this open shelf look OK between the wall oven and range hood?
I need a quick decision made so DH can carry on with...
laughablemoments
knobs or pulls on cabinets - function vs. look
Hi all, We are still slowly inching along with our...
remodel-mama
Induction cooktop > no slow cooker?
Can the low settings, timer and a good pot replace...
anniel58
Close matches to Conestoga popular White paint colors
We often get asked whose paints Conestoga uses on their...
Cabinet Joint
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™