Need Help Choosing Exterior Color

Andy55December 8, 2013

I'm in the process if building a house off the east coast of Mexico on the ocean and am having problems finding the right color. The attached is not exactly the proposed colors they are Behr Joyous Yellow and Behr Aquatone. There is also a stucco fence that needs to be tied in. Another though was paining the main body of the house Benjamin Moore Antiguansky with a slightly different blue for the accent piece. And with both trimmed in white. I do not want the festive colors associated with Mexico and most houses in the area are taupe or white. Any suggestions greatly welcomed. Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

No one here seems to have any recommendations for you. I am hesitant to suggest exterior colors for another part of the country - and in this case outside the US. If you want to tone down the yellow, look for colors with words like "cream" in them.

Bookmark   December 20, 2013 at 9:42AM
jcalhoun

Light sky blue maybe?

Bookmark   January 2, 2014 at 7:36AM
Annie Deighnaugh

You might post this in home decor thread as people there can be helpful with colors.

I think the yellow and green combo with the terra cotta is a nice one, only these shades are not the right ones.

You might search on line for images of south miami deco buildings to get some inspiration for how to do color that isn't super bright.

Bookmark   January 2, 2014 at 8:08AM
More Discussions
Front door color for my gray house!
Hey everyone, I need help choosing a front door color....
suzii
Paint pink ground
what is the equivalent of pink ground by Farrow and...
appuri
why does the cut in on walls look darker than the rolled walls?
Im a designer and the painter I use tells me this happens...
Michael Taylor Interiors
Paint not cured-it's been over a month!
I recently painted an unfinished wooden bench. I did...
Phobie Privett
Is the burgundy / red accent wall dated?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™