Bob's Red Mill Products

OlychickNovember 28, 2012

I think a lot of us use the products. Thought you would enjoy this story. Makes me want to buy more!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bob's Red Mill

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
annie1992

I agree, it's a great company and I do buy the products.

If you notice, it was first published in February of 2010, so I'm assuming, since it was updated, that the company is doing well under the "new" ownership of the vested employees. Good for them!

Annie

Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 2:33PM
Olychick

I didn't notice the date difference...wonder what was updated? Strange. Well, I missed it in 2010, so glad to know about it now.

Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 3:26PM
arley_gw

While all of their products I've tried are good, I often buy their hull-less barley. I mix one 28 oz bag of that with a 4.5 pound can of steel cut oats from Honeyville. That works out to about 1/3 barley to 2/3 oats. That's my standard breakfast porridge (I use a small 1.5 qt slow cooker to cook the grains overnight).

I'll sometimes use the barley as a low GI substitute for rice or pasta; cooking it in chicken stock makes it quite tasty. Again, using the slow cooker is nice because it takes about 4 hours to cook the barley.

Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 3:36PM
johnliu_gw

Great story. I love companies like this. I buy Bob's Red Mill flours and other product already. I'll do so even more from now on.

Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 8:13PM
laceyvail

I too love Bob's Red Mill Products, but I am always puzzled that although it says clearly on the package that the contents should be refrigerated, they are sold on open shelves, even in most health food stores.

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 6:24AM
shellie911

I think they do that is because some people do not use the product up real fast and it's a way to keep it fresh longer. I use old blue 1/2 gal. Mason jars as canisters, i put my Bobs Red Mill flours in those jars and keep on my cabinet and it stays fresh.

Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 4:52AM
laceyvail

How can whole grain products stay fresh without refrigeration? I've always heard that once grains are cracked or ground, they must be refrigerated immediately. Perhaps grainlady could offer some info.

Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 5:57AM
More Discussions
I'm a corned beef virgin
I was at Sam's club today and they had nice looking...
Holly- Kay
Half Ham (bone-in)
Which is best, shank or butt. If the package doesn't...
ryseryse_2004
Weird "guy food" that's actually delicious?
You know what kind of food I mean? Not the kind of...
plllog
Tried And True "Edible" Brownie Recipe? (Where Legal)
Here is a cooking question, more specifically a baking...
johnliu_gw
Cookout for 150 people
I am having a cookout for my son's graduation, and...
Teffanie Hughett West
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™