Trim color ideas

kathyjbDecember 2, 2012

My daughter is in the process of purchasing this 1980's home. I have been searching for hours on trim color ideas and can't find anything for this color of brick. Landscaping is another thing. She said the first thing to go will be the palms, I agree. Why is it so hard to find any decorating ideas for gray brick without it being painted gray brick?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

First, I would suggest she not start cutting down trees. I don't know anything about palm trees, but they are kind of cool looking to someone from the North.

In addition to the responses you get here, you might also want to try posting in the Home Decorating forum.

Why is it so hard to find any decorating ideas for gray brick without it being painted gray brick?
I'm not sure what this means. Are you saying she does not want to use gray as the accent color on the trim?

Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 6:03PM
SparklingWater

I once had a painted exterior gray house, which we trimmed with white for windows and black for shutters and doors. It looked very stately.

Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 9:53PM
Annie Deighnaugh

I agree...don't start with the palm trees, but let them be....see how they look after you paint.

Are there no front windows? Or is that a privacy wall that matches the brick on the house....it's hard to see from this angle.

I would pick a midtone gray to paint the garage doors and then black or white for the trim. I'd leave the front door area light though to keep it more prominent on the front facade.

You might want to go to sherwin williams or ben moore website and upload the pic of the house...you can then try on various colors to see what you might like.

Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 7:19AM
More Discussions
Need help picking up the right paint color for my brand new house
Hi, We must bought a brand new house and request to...
san28
Exterior paint color help
Can you please suggest some paint colors for this house...
r2d2indy
What color shutters for orangy brick house that will go up for sale?
Need advice, I'm a guy and I'm just not confident in...
Chris Rojas
Painting stair spindles in 2 stages?
Carpet install for stair treads will be happening soon....
streno
Storing paint for repairs/touchups
I have paint that I want to store for later use. I...
esga
Sponsored Products
Eros Pink Bold Stripe Ovo Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Double Drum 18" Wide White Ceiling Light
Euro Style Lighting
Resort Stripe Outdoor Area Rug
$45.00 | FRONTGATE
Zinnia Wool Pile Rug - Grass - Thomas Paul
$351.00 | HORNE
Ango | Dapple Floor Lamp
YLighting